Search Unity

Space Combat Kit (VSXGames) [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Billy4184, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Billy4184

Billy4184

See my PM.

Do you mean warnings or errors? If you mean warnings, Unity 2019 has a problem that originated from the recently adopted Roslyn compiler where any serialized properties (i.e. stuff you set in the inspector) generates warnings if it is not explicitly set in the script. See the issue tracker here. This is ridiculous and must be fixed.

Apparently Roslyn has been updated with a way to fix the issue, but Unity has not implemented it yet, see this thread.

2. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Can you post how we do this, please?

3. Billy4184

Billy4184

1. Drag the PlayerItemManager prefab into the scene.
    2. Add the capital ship prefab to the Vehicles list on the PlayerItemManager script.
    3. Save the prefab.
    4. Run the loadout scene.

JFI66 likes this.
  4. NaveGCT

NaveGCT

looks like a great asset, we will likely be getting it soon.

EDIT: Just got it. could not be more happy.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Billy4184 likes this.
  5. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Thank you. You have been great with your support. We will update you on the multiplayer progress. We are using Mirror and the Valve Steam SDK.

Brandon_Powell and Billy4184 like this.
  6. lolaswift

lolaswift

It is so difficult to aim and shoot down the enemies. Any locking target feature?

7. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hi @lolaswift, the AimAssist component snaps the weapon spawn point toward the target when it is within a specified angle. Increasing this angle will make it easier to hit targets.

AImAssist.png

8. lolaswift

lolaswift

Many thanks Billy!

Billy4184 likes this.
  9. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hey everyone, I've just sent off a version to the store with a WIP documentation for 2.0 that (along with the Simple Demo scenes with accompanying text files) should help you get started with the kit :)

By the way I'll be hosting this week's Feedback Friday in the Game Design section of the forum. I'll be putting a small demo of my game up there for feedback so feel free to join in, this is your chance to show your game too and get some valuable playtesting! See you there.

JFI66 likes this.
  10. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hello everyone! I've started updating the tutorial videos for the Space Combat Kit 2.0, starting off with 'Creating the Player And AI'.

Mad_Mark, joshua_42 and JFI66 like this.
  11. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hello everyone, here's a new tutorial video for the Space Combat Kit, 'Creating A New Vehicle', introducing the concept of vehicles and how to create a new vehicle in your game.

JFI66 likes this.
  12. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hey everyone, based on some great feedback, I have re-done the last tutorial to include much more content on how vehicles in the kit are structured, including how the player interacts with modules loaded on the vehicle.

JFI66 likes this.
  13. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hello everyone, new tutorial video for the Space Combat Kit! In this one, we cover how to set up the vehicle camera, and how to create new camera views for your game.

JFI66 likes this.
  14. Billy4184

Billy4184

Another Space Combat Kit 2.0 tutorial video for you guys!

This tutorial covers:
    • Creating your own input scripts.
    • Creating input for your game without writing code, using the Custom Vehicle Input class and Unity Events.
    • Configuring key/mouse button/axis controls in the inspector, without writing code.
    Feedback is appreciated! :)

JFI66 likes this.
  15. Billy4184

Billy4184

New tutorial video for the Space Combat Kit 2.0!

This tutorial covers:
    • Setting up the spaceship engines.
    • Setting up spaceship flight controls/input.
    Feedback appreciated!

JFI66 likes this.
  16. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Great stuff Billy! Keep going with the tutorials! Damn, now I want to go back to my space game. I'm going to be sucking this stuff up once I finish my current project. I really appreciate the efforts, and this is going to make SCK top notch. It was already a cool asset, now it's getting awesome.

Billy4184 and JFI66 like this.
  17. Billy4184

Billy4184

New tutorial for the Space Combat Kit 2.0!

This tutorial covers the flexible Triggerables system for the Space Combat Kit, which enables you to quickly set up projectile weapons, beam weapons, missiles and other types of triggerable modules on your spaceships, characters or any other vehicles.

- How the Triggerables system works.
    - Setting up a triggerable module.
    - Configuring how triggerable modules are fired.
    - Setting up trigger inputs.

Feedback much appreciated!

JFI66 likes this.