Search Unity

Template Space Combat Kit (VSXGames) [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Billy4184, Jul 14, 2015.

1. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

2. Billy4184

Billy4184

juris3d_unity likes this.
  3. Empereur7

Empereur7

how i do little when i take an invector-icon directly a picture is displayed on the screen, when i take a second another picture is still showing, i followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com / watch? v = CHUOprBocoY
    trying to write the script I had two error messages

The first: Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/Generic/vPickupItem.cs(13,10): error CS0131: The left-hand side of an assignment must be a variable, a property or an indexer
    Capture d’écran 25-04-2019 02.42.37.png

the second one: Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/Generic/vPickupItem.cs(36,5): error CS0118: `UnityEngine.GameObject' is a `type' but a `variable' was expected
    Capture d’écran 25-04-2019 02.44.05.png

please help me how can i do anything to display an image of i contact an invector-icon?

4. Billy4184

Billy4184

I think you have the wrong thread! This is for the Space Combat Kit.

5. Billy4184

Billy4184

Here you go!

WebGL Demo

capshipscreenshot.png
    capshipscreenshot0.png
    capshipscreenshot1.png

PS there's still a few bugs to fix and polish to apply.

6. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

That is looking pretty nice, Billy! I cannot wait to get my hands on the next version.
    Stay busy!

Mark

Billy4184 and JFI66 like this.
  7. Billy4184

Billy4184

If you think that looks nice, wait until you see the codebase/workflow ;)

MMccathron, Neviah and JFI66 like this.
  8. Drimacus

Drimacus

Is somewhere tutorial how to set up enemy turret? I have HeavyTurret/GimballedGun prefab but they are missing a lot of references and I don't know how to set it up correctly. And they look weird on the scene

Attached Files:

9. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

It uses inertial physics. It's right ? Can you add up/down forces ?
    Can it be modified to have a NO inertial physics like Descent ?

10. rickytsmith

rickytsmith

Capital demo looks very impressive - hope you realize that people will be now be even more impatient to get the update :)

frankadimcosta likes this.
  11. Billy4184

Billy4184

I'll send you a package with a turret set up.

It uses Unity physics/rigidbody. Sorry forgot to add to the instructions, Space is up and Ctrl is down.

You might be able to use very high drag and high forces to achieve very low inertia. For really 0 inertia, you'd have to create your own physics system.

Pretty much the only thing that relied on a rigidbody was the lead target calculation, but that's why I added the PhysicsInfo class to the Trackable script, so the information was independent of the rigidbody.

Looking forward to getting it out for you guys soon!

MMccathron, frankadimcosta and JFI66 like this.
  12. Empereur7

Empereur7

how can i do when my character collides with an invector-icon directly an image appears on my screen

13. Billy4184

Billy4184

Please contact Invector for support related to their products. This does not appear to have anything to do with the Space Combat Kit whatsoever. I cannot help you with issues related to products that are not mine.

14. Empereur7

Empereur7

ok thank you I confused

rickytsmith and Billy4184 like this.
  15. Billy4184

Billy4184

@Drimacus

Hey everyone, here's a quick unitypackage to show you how to use the turret.

The TestTurret script has two options, one for controlling it yourself, and another for automatically tracking and firing at the target, which you'd use for automatic turrets or AI-controlled turrets. Take a look in the code to see how to call the right methods on the Gimbal Controller, which controls the turret.

upload_2019-4-28_11-39-52.png

I have included a copy of the ProjectileWeapon script with a small modification to remove dependency on the module mount and vehicle. The next update will make it very easy to use components individually without having to modify code.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

16. Sander_GDS

Sander_GDS

Will there come a Tutorial or Update on how to go from Enter/Exit vehicle with this??

17. Billy4184

Billy4184

Yes there will, when (or soon after) the update arrives that includes a first person character.

Neviah likes this.
  18. rickytsmith

rickytsmith

Hi Billy - In the Turret test I see that the modified projectile weapon no longer has the IGunModule interface which means that the test does not work on current versions .....or have I missed something ?

19. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

I got this error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    VSX.UniversalVehicleCombat.ProjectileWeapon.Update () (at Assets/SpaceCombatKit/Scripts/UniversalVehicleCombat/Weapons/WeaponControllers/ProjectileWeapon.cs:346)

Maybe turret is missing a Power Module ?

20. Billy4184

Billy4184

The ProjectileWeapon class does indeed implement the IGunModule interface, check line 16.

The turret test was made in the last uploaded version (1.21) so nothing is different except for the modification I made to check that the module mount reference wasn't null before using it.

Did you import the modified ProjectileWeapon.cs file? This is the reason why I made the modification.

21. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

22. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

I imported SCK after the turret test asset. I think the reverse order is a better way.

Billy4184 likes this.
  23. rickytsmith

rickytsmith

You are quite right it does ! - the errors were due to some other changes I had made in the IGunModule interface.
    Works well - always tricky getting the correct coefficient values.

Just as a matter of interest - I have a waypoint system that uses trigger colliders rather than distance to detect arrival. This is mainly to make use of the OnTriggerEnter event to set off a chain of other events.
    I found that the ai ships would weave about a lot and have trouble arriving at a way point - the obstacle avoidance was detecting the waypoints as obstacles. I always thought that trigger colliders had no actual physical collision and would not be detected by the raycast but it seems they are. Something new I have learnt. Easy fix is to assign the waypoints to a new user layer and then add a mask to the raycast.
    Modified Tick() method in ObstacleAvoidanceBehaviour.cs
    Code (csharp):
    2. public void Tick()
    3.         {
    4.             // Do collision avoidance
    5.             LayerMask mask = LayerMask.GetMask("Default");
    6.             float obstacleScanDistance = blackboard.Vehicle.CachedRigidbody.velocity.magnitude * minMaxCollisionReactionTime.y;
    8.             RaycastHit[] hits = Physics.SphereCastAll(blackboard.Vehicle.CachedTransform.position, sphereCastRadius,
    9.   blackboard.Vehicle.CachedRigidbody.velocity.normalized, obstacleScanDistance,mask);
    11.             UpdateObstacleData(hits);
    12.         }

Billy4184 likes this.
  24. Billy4184

Billy4184

Great point there, I will make a note to be able to set the layer mask in the inspector.

MMccathron likes this.
  25. JFI66

JFI66

The space combat kit is on sale, don't wait ....

juris3d_unity and Billy4184 like this.
  26. rickytsmith

rickytsmith

This asset is so underpriced anyway seems a shame to put it on sale. £20 is ridiculously good value. If anyone hasn't bought this yet don't hesitate - it is worth 10x the price.

juris3d_unity, Billy4184 and JFI66 like this.
  27. Billy4184

Billy4184

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, the Space Combat Kit is currently 50% off, so grab it now while it's hot!

BIG UPDATE almost ready, with first person controller, capital ships and more!

28. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

AwesomeVol3.jpg The Day is TODAY! Hehe, I finally bought this Kit Vol3 !! LEt me say, this is one Monster-Mother-Of-Assets, don't you agree?? :D Many, many Thankyous to Author - for his giant work, many talents, dedication!
    EDIT: haha, i posted here by accident, meant to other thread... But, if it is not un-ethical, should it stay? :) I can delete if unappropritate

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  29. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Getting errors after importing the asset into a fresh project. Windows 10 with Unity 2018.3.8f1.

Code (csharp):
    2. Assets/SpaceCombatKit/PostProcessing/Editor/PropertyDrawers/MinDrawer.cs(6,34): error CS0104: `MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.MinAttribute' and `UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute'
    4. Assets/SpaceCombatKit/PostProcessing/Editor/PropertyDrawers/MinDrawer.cs(11,13): error CS0104: `MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.MinAttribute' and `UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute'
    6. Assets/SpaceCombatKit/PostProcessing/Editor/PropertyDrawers/MinDrawer.cs(11,39): error CS0104: `MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.MinAttribute' and `UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute'
    Sorry, I found the fix for this problem. https://forum.unity.com/threads/space-combat-kit-vsxgames-released.340962/page-24#post-4386178

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Billy4184 likes this.
  30. Billy4184

Billy4184

First person character demo level coming together, it's going to be loads of fun!

Screenshot.png

31. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

Coolz ! :D

MMccathron likes this.
  32. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

@billy, should i delete my post about wrong asset? :)

33. Billy4184

Billy4184

I'd prefer to keep the thread focused on the SCK from here on, but you don't have to delete that post - after all it's relevant to users of my kit.

MMccathron and frankadimcosta like this.
  34. Billy4184

Billy4184

Good news, the same component will now do 2D and 3D radars!

Screenshot.png

Space Combat Kit is currently at 50% off, grab it now!

35. Billy4184

Billy4184

Laser turrets with cool effects on the way!

Screenshot.png

Space Combat Kit is currently at 50% off, grab it now!

36. LarsH673

LarsH673

Hi Billy wath do you think about creating a Discord Server for you nice package ? its easier for most people to help each other :)

juris3d_unity likes this.
  37. juris3d_unity

juris3d_unity

As @LarsH673 said, I agree - Discord place could be awesome.

38. Billy4184

Billy4184

39. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

40. rickytsmith

rickytsmith

The First person stuff looks very cool - I wonder how the transition will be made from ship to first person ? Is there a way to land perhaps ? very much looking forwards to this update !

41. Billy4184

Billy4184

The character and ship are both 'vehicles'. The player exists as a bodyless 'game agent' which can transition between vehicles. When the player lands the ship, once the landing animation is finished, the player transfers to the character.

The system also keeps track of the hierarchy of vehicles that have been entered, such that it's always clear which vehicle the player will exit into when they exit a vehicle.

42. Billy4184

Billy4184

43. FusionSticc

FusionSticc

How's the progress coming along (no rush of course, just gauging)?

44. Billy4184

Billy4184

It'll come out end of this week, the full update :)

45. FusionSticc

FusionSticc

Awesome! Can't wait!

JFI66 likes this.
  46. csofranz

csofranz

Quick question, before the big update drowns me out :) --

If I start a Scene without focusing a player (by having none set as FocusOnStart, and no Default vehicle -- I have a custom FPS Controller for my VR rig) - what is the easiest way to Focus my Player and have the vehicle cam Switch on?

Obviously, I can't simply Switch on the vehicle cam, as no Player is focused, and all the GameAgent calls abend without a focused Player.

Thanks,
    -ch

47. Billy4184

Billy4184

I really recommend the update in this case, because one of the main things it focuses on is getting rid of these kind of dependencies.

Basically, if there is no focused game agent, there shouldn't be errors, but things obviously won't work. You can easily make a Game Agent focused by calling SetNewFocusedGameAgent method on the GameAgentManager script. This will trigger the vehicle camera and everything else to start working.

In the update, the GameAgentManager is entirely optional. Every script has its own dependencies and a way to set those dependencies, which can be set in the inspector or with any 'manager' script of your own.

48. csofranz

csofranz

Thanks Billy!

Billy4184 likes this.
  49. frankadimcosta

frankadimcosta

Billy, a question: the capital ship script will be usable in old version ?

50. Billy4184

Billy4184

If you really need it I can send you a control script for the old version, but everything in the capital ship demo that's coming with the update will be using the updated way of doing things.

frankadimcosta likes this.