Search Unity

Space Battle Character Contest by Mixamo - $1000 + Unity3D Pro First Prize!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mixamo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. WillModelForFood

WillModelForFood

I'm also interested to know weather or not weapons attached to the character are permitted

2. Mixamo

Mixamo

Hi,

1. Well thought out weapons are considered part of the character, but a character with a weapon is no more valid than one without. Style, design, topology, texture, etc. these things are more important than extra objects or weapons.

2. The character is the focus, if a background or pedestal adds to the presentation of the beautyshot, that will be taken into account, but again a beautiful background will not save a lackluster character presentation or pose.

3. Effects may be added, things like bloom or flares, but keep it to a minimum. Nothing that distracts from the focus--the character.

4. The mesh can be single or multi.

GOOD LUCK!

3. Kalinaki

Kalinaki

Fast question.

Can we use Ambiet Oclusion maps and should the texture sheet look something like this?

Oh-em-gi!So little time left. :)

4. Mixamo

Mixamo

Ao is fine so long as it's applied to the diffuse. That kind of texture sheet is fine.

5. Kalinaki

Kalinaki

This will be my entry. Glad to be a part of this and good luck to all involved. :)

6. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

I'm surprised so many people are taking the "pirate" part to literally mean seventeenth century earth pirate. I was hoping to see some vaguely female cybernetic deep space creatures :(

7. Mixamo

Mixamo

Amazing entries everyone.

The contest is officially over. The winners will be announced this week, and notified via e-mail as well.

8. Kalinaki

Kalinaki

Will there be a page where we can see all the entries when its over? Im very curious to check them all out. :)

9. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Damn, wish I could have entered! :-/

10. Mixamo

Mixamo

There should be a page with all the winners and there will be another place for all submissions so everyone can view the entries!

Edit: that will be posed here for everyone to view.

11. NomadKing

NomadKing

Looking forward to seeing the results, there's been some great entries from the forum :)

12. Mixamo

Mixamo

Winners announced. See First post and keep watch for the post featuring all entries!