Search Unity

Space Android game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by xniinja, Feb 27, 2012.

1. xniinja

xniinja

Hi guys! I just found this section of the forum and wanted to share my works :D

I don't have any screen shots or anything right now but I do have links to build for the PC on my blog. I don't even know if you want to have screen shots because the game isn't too pretty. The code isn't really that pretty either but we are coming along pretty good. At least I am, my other team members don't have that much done yet, although I have to do all of the heavy lifting before they can do anything in the first place so no harm is done there.

A little background:

The idea of this game came when we were working on a free roam zombie game. I was working on my airplane scripts for the game when my brother came in and asked if we should do a space shooting game. I thought that was a great idea and started working on it immediately. That was back in December. Fast forward 3 months and we have a pretty good game going. We are currently in the process of porting everything over to work on android instead of PC. We also have to figure everything out on the go, I even had to make up how AI actually works! talk about reinventing the wheel.

The point of the game is to kill all of the incoming AI spaceships. The spaceships keep coming in in waves, once all of them are dead in one wave the next one comes and so on and so forth. It is basically a Nazi Zombies in space, except we have a lot of ideas that we think would make a game like this fun.

That's all I have to say for now

Please drop by for a spell: 13 Entertainment Blog

Builds anyone? (Controls: Up/Down: I and K Left/Right: J and L Throttle: R and E)

First Ai Proof Test: Here

Build.01.PC: HERE

Build.01.Web: HERE //for them mac folk
    (I only did this for the first build)

Build.03.PC: HERE

Build.04.PC: HERE

Build.12.PC: HERE

Video of the AI in action (a little laggy):

If you could please help us come up with a name that would be great

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. omarzonex

omarzonex

very nice man

very Top Nice ...........

:)

3. xniinja

xniinja

Oh, why thank you. If you guys see anything that looks like it needs changing, or if you have a suggestion please feel free to share your thoughs.

also we need a name for our game so if you would like to give your suggestions for that too that would be great.

4. xniinja

xniinja

I was just looking back at this post to see if anyone had posted yet and I saw that I don't have very recent builds for PC or Mac. That being said I am going to try and update my key controls for the game and make it playable on the PC and Mac again, bundle it up into a webplayer and give it to you guys.

Note: we are on Build.Android.12 which correlates to about Build.PC.07

Thanks again, also we still need a name. I was thinking Havock or something like that.

5. ogomezg1

ogomezg1

Hi xNinnja,

I tried to see you work, but the video is not loading.. :( any issue over there?

6. xniinja

xniinja

Hi ogomezg1, it should be loading... here is a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTegebmQwW8

If you are on a PC you should be able to run the build for the AI Proof Test.

It isn't perfected yet and it is broken in my most recent build for my self. It also dosen't have collision avoidance yet.

Also thanks for your intrest.

7. xniinja

xniinja

Hey guys, I updated the game so it works with the keyboard. I will update this post with a link, Unity is reimporting my assets as we speak. and it should be done soon :D

Edit: I found a few bugs when I built it, it didn't work well either. I fixed it so it should be up in a day or 2

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  8. xniinja

xniinja

I have a new build, after a while of being away I picked up development for this game now that is summer. I have been working on the game a lot lately and have got a lot done.

Anyway here is the build for PC only-> Download

sorry mac users I will get you on the next build :(

Also I am making a page for all of the builds, you can find it here -> :D