Search Unity

Source Maya Files

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by nanoblubb, Apr 11, 2019.

1. nanoblubb

nanoblubb

Hello dear developers, I really like the weapon concept and character concept of the terraformers. In my case i want to use these models as starting point but adding some new animations and weapons (to the xisting arm moddels). Is there any way to retrive your maya setup, so i can start right awy? or do i have to make me a rig from scratch and redo all animations? Thank you in beyond and have a nice day :)

2. karstenv

karstenv

You can import any model or anmation file in Maya and do whatever you like with it.

You dont need the source files.

3. nanoblubb

nanoblubb

I could import the source files, but for properly animating you would need to redo the rig strukture, and the fk / ik riging at the character / arms. I just was woundering if there is any possibility to get hands on the rig used for animating, because whe i reimport these files, i would havce to rerig the control rig and redo the whole setup. But just before i do these work i wanted to see if there is any way to get hands on the orginal .ma file or the rig :)

Stexe likes this.
  4. karstenv

karstenv

Ah yes I see.

I'm going to start animating next week, hopefully and will see how much of a hassle it is to setup from scratch :)

5. keeponshading

keeponshading

When we could get the Maya Source of the Terraformer and Robot i would convert one of them to Blender.

Everyone could freely edit surfaces, materials, textures, rig and animations.

This is such an great open project. Would be cool to open the Asset Pipeline , too.

Stexe likes this.