Search Unity

Source files bugged after upgrade from trial to indie verson

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by deskchicken, Oct 10, 2008.

1. deskchicken

deskchicken

Hi,

I did a couple of week's work with the trial version, had some stuff working well. Left for vacation for a couple of weeks. Got back, and just did an upgrade from the trial version to the Indie version, and now all my source files seem... different. They don't work, things have moved around and disappeared. Not sure how else to characterize it. Anybody run into this before?

Interesting problem, not convinced it's not a noob oversight on my part, but I thought I'd put it out there in case anybody had some insights to share.

[Edit: Just noticed the console is complaining about fileID != GetInstanceID(). Will post a resolution if/when I figure out what I've done]

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

We don't do any munging or altering of files when using the trial and switching to the full product so do consider pilot error as part of the process and keep us posted.

Did you manually modify anything in the project's folder? As in, did you do things to your project folder using the finder instead of Unity?

Edit: and welcome to the forums! :D

3. deskchicken

deskchicken

Pilot error is a distinct possibility- I may have "moved" some of my project files- not sure. Will post a followup if it turns out I have a legitimate issue with the upgrade. Thanks very much!