Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Source control vs GI Cache

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Dweep, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Dweep

Dweep

Thanks for the beta, looks awesome so far!

We are sharing our project over SVN but when committing I noticed lots of files in the Library/GiCache. My first thought is to ignore on commit but I wanted to ask if anyone of you know for sure how to treat these files. Thanks!

2. Dweep

Dweep

Basicly everything in the library folder actually. Not sure if Unity wants to re-genereate this by herself or if it should be commited and used across the whole team

3. orb

orb

Yeah, the Library folder is personal. You should ignore it completely in version control. See elsewhere for the recommended .gitignore file - it contains a list of stuff you should ignore in SVN too.

4. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Yes, the Library folder should never be committed to source control.

For now this does mean the GiCache data is not shared amongst your team - when you make a change to a scene and check it in, and the rest of your team all pull the change, they'll each find themselves rebaking GI individually.

My guess is that this is the sort of problem that the Cache Server should eventually solve.

5. Dweep

Dweep

Aight, thanks for the response! :D