Search Unity

Resolved Source Control login to PlasticSCM no longer working

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by LilGames, Dec 1, 2022.

1. LilGames

LilGames

In Cloud Build I had my projects configured to log in to the PlasticSCM repo with username/password, because using login with UnityID causes much-reported problems with the credentials or token expiring. I had to change my password in PlasticSCM recently, and now, even though I updated the Source Control access in Cloud Build with the new password, it just won't save. I get this:

Your repository is inaccessible using the provided credentials.

I tried with "password" as authentication method and also as LDAP. Neither work.

I gave up and used UnityID as the authentication method and that "works" as far as saving the configuration but then builds failed with this in the log:

Cloud Build encountered an error while validating your Build. Cannot start build - configured source control is unreachable. Plastic: Authentication has expired. Please reconfigure your source control settings.

What am I supposed to do now that both auth methods just don't work?

2. Benjamin-Gooding

Benjamin-Gooding

Unity Technologies

This is something that I was able to reproduce and am actively looking into. We engaged the Plastic development team to identify any changes they may have made to their system that would impact Cloud Build users.

As a workaround to unblock you, try LDAP authentication.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  3. LilGames

LilGames

Yesterday I decided to just change my PlasticSCM password again, and that did the trick. Cloud Build config is now back to normal, using direct to Plastic email/password+LDAP .

Maybe the problem was that I used the same email/password in Plastic AND for my Unity ID and that causes conflicts somehow? Now they are different passwords.