Search Unity

Sounds a little stupid - I need someone to sign up for a google play account for me

Discussion in 'Android' started by macfinch, Jul 15, 2012.

1. macfinch

macfinch

Hi all.

I'm looking for someone who could possibly sign up for a google play account for me, or allow me to publish games through their account. At the moment I'm not able to publish games on the google play market as our account was cancelled a few months ago, such a pain.

I can manage the account no problem - do uploads, set in-app purchases etc no problem, and so it wouldn't require a lot of time on your side.

Our games are freemium and make revenue through in-app purchases. I can share 5% of all the in-app purchase revenue to you as compensation for setting up / sharing your google play account.

If anyone is interested we can have a call or email me on martin@cobaltplay.com. I'd like to get up and running in the next few days if possible.

Thanks all :)
    Martin

2. henry96

henry96

It's hard to ask people to give you the information of their account. It might be for easier if you ask people to host game for you.

3. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

I'd be interested in knowing what the circumstances where that you got your account cancelled.

4. Tiles

Tiles

Abuse maybe. Ghostery prevents linking to the url he wears in his sig. Because it is part of LinkShare.

5. macfinch

macfinch

Hey all. thanks for the replies.

@henry96 - yeah, I'm also looking for developers who would be willing to host our games for a percentage of the revenue. Let me know if you are interested.

@Omniverse - the main reasons were because we used too many keywords in the game descriptions. though it was a little strange as some of our games had no problems, and other games on the market used tonnes of keywords. So it was always a little hard to tell.

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

What's to stop someone you personally know from doing this for you, instead of asking random people via the Internet?

You say "our account" and "we", implying that there's more than one of you, so I'm having trouble seeing why you need to appeal to random strangers for this...

7. Tseng

Tseng

LinkShare is an advertisement/affiliate network, where you get to provide products from other companies (i.e. Microsoft, EA, iTunes) and when the user purchase something using the affiliate link, you get a small provision fee.

Could have told you that before or find it our yourself, buy reading the content guidlines before (or while) uploading your game to the Google Play.

Android Content Guidelines Which can be found at the bottom of the Application Details Page.

Beside that, you must have done that multiple times, as on the first offense Google usually would just ban the App in question and only ban the whole account on repeated offense (unless in some extreme cases, i.e. malware, which is a banable on first offense).

Could also be read as "our team/company", so if it was running on the company, you can't re-register it in someone else names, due to tax regulations.

If you don't register it as company with valid VAT ID, you can't handle the VAT correctly and the taxes are higher, because you can't deduct losses or expenses (which reduce the profit and the taxes too)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012