Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Sound Spatializer plugins causing weird sound "click"/"glitches" on first Plays

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TheDream, Jan 12, 2018.

1. TheDream

TheDream

Hello everyone,

here is my issue:

When I play a sound that is spatialized and a spatializer plugin is enabled (MS HRTF, Oculus, or Steam Audio SDK) the sound makes a "click", what I mean is that the sound is played at very high volume for a short period of time. It occurs only the first time the audiosource is played, and that happens for each audiosource.

Did you ever experienced this issue? How can I solve it?

Thank you for your help!

Edit: apparently this only happens if there is a rigidbody is in the same GameObject as the audiosource or in one of its parents

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. Jodon

Jodon

Hey! I'm having the same issue. It's not a click for me, it's the first bit of the sound (maybe the first sample?) I can notice it because it's happening on objects outside of the hearing distance (sounds that should be culled by the system are not being culled). For now, I've just manually put culling in my AudioManager class.

Another crazy bug which I have yet to file a report on (took me AGES to find): If you unspatialize a sound that's being spatialized, it will cause a memory leak. Do that enough times and your game and editor become unusable.

3. TheDream

TheDream

So I'm not the only one ^^. I didn't find anything anywhere, I think the only solution is to do audiosource pooling and reuse the same audiosources that you'll never disable...