Search Unity

Sound Generator - Create or modify any audio

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DarkArts-Studios, Jan 10, 2014.

1. akarsh

akarsh

@DarkArts Studios
    Actually,We are planning to buy your "Sound Genetor" plugin.
    can we achieve our task we define below?
    1.Convert human voice into monkey voice?
    2. SuperImpose(Multiplication) two sound Wave?
    3.Manipulation of Output Sound Wave?
    *If there is any way to achieve the maintain functional (in Unity3D)

2. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

1. Yes, there is an included example that comes with Sound Generator that converts Human voice to robot voice, you can simply adjust this and it will work.

2. Yes, very easily there exists a module called "Mixer" which does this (in a future update every single component in the system will have the ability to mix without the need for the extra "Mixer" module when you want to do this).

3. Yes, this is exactly what Sound Generator does, it manipulates but also generates, so you can use existing sound and manipulate, or create new sounds and manipulate.

I hope this answers your questions :)

[EDIT] There are also example scripts to create your own effects which you can add into the Sound Generator pipe line, if you wish to create your own "SuperImpose" function and you want to change how this works and what it does you can do this easily in a few lines of code and then use this new effect anywhere you like in the system as a visual module.

akarsh likes this.
  3. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

@akarsh Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions, and if you have any trouble at all implementing what you are trying to do you are more than welcome to email me at support@darkarts.co.za for help.

akarsh likes this.
  4. akarsh

akarsh

We need to input audio from the microphone, find it’s waveform and transform an already existing audio file to that waveform. It’s something like Auto-Rap but instead of the microphone recorded waveform that is super-imposed on an existing waveform, we need to transform an already existing audio file to the microphone recorded waveform. Is there any way this can be achieved in Unity? Can this be achieved using the GetSpectrumData function or FFT algorithm? Any input is appreciated.

5. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Hi @akarsh ,

I answered the question above which you also sent to me directly through support, however I'll paste my answer here again below:

I have an example I created for someone else that I can share with you which manipulates audio from the microphone, specifically, it takes audio spoken and changes it to a "robot voice".

If you are wanting something like "auto-tune" that is quite a bit more complex and currently would be very difficult, even with Sound Generator. One of the next updates however will have built in Spectrum Analysis algorithms (FFT etc) and would allow things like auto-tune.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say "transform an already existing audio file to the microphone recorded waveform". Blending and mixing and "overlapping" using various parameters, certainly is possible currently with Sound Generator.

akarsh likes this.
  6. akarsh

akarsh

We have forwarded our whole query at your support but we haven't got a appropriate Output till now......

7. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Hi @akarsh I am, unfortunately with a client this week, we have had several emails back and forth with yourself and your colleague, I will be creating a demo for you with the base sound file you have sent to me but due to my current obligations it may take me a couple of days. When it is complete (I expect during the course of Friday) I will send it to you.

8. akarsh

akarsh

Hi,
    @DarkArtsStudio

I am waiting for the Demo. So,that we can made our work possible .Please Let me know if you can Prepare the Demo.

Thanks & Regard

9. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

HI @akarsh I sent you an email about half an hour before you wrote on this forum

10. akarsh

akarsh

Thank You For that. Let us Check It Out and the Fuctionality.

11. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

@akarsh I have sent another email, which contains a demo since I did not receive a reply from you.

12. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Well well well, my calendar fairies tell me that Sound Generator will be having it's one year anniversary on the Asset Store next week.

Does anyone think I should do anything special for this?

13. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Thinking of getting Sound Generator for our current project, love using Substance Designer so seeing a similar thing for sound has got me excited!

Was the largish next update ever released?

14. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

@The_BenEvans There have been several large updates, however there's yet-another-large-update coming before the end of the year which is somewhat over due.

15. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Awesome, was just a bit scared that it was a bit quiet on here and it had ceased development. Obviously not!

Think I'm sold, will get soon. Out of curiosity is the YouTube video relatively new?

16. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

@The_BenEvans : I will admit to having put more time (recently) into my two newer editor extensions, however they've reached a point where I'm happy with their stability having gone through the initial teething process and it's definitely time for Sound Generator to get a good few rounds of TLC and feature updates again.

The youtube video is new enough that it's still relevant, but old enough that one or two items may have shifted position due to later enhancements. [Edit] What I mean by this is that since recording it, more options have been added, so the menus and options might not be in exactly the same position within the video, however it's functionally still accurate.

17. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Cool thanks, expect a sale soon. Planning on using it for the sampler I've got and never really used, should be fun.

18. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

@The_BenEvans :) great news, looking forward to hearing back from you how awesome it is to work with ;) ;) - more seriously though, let me know if you have any questions, there are vast amounts of example scenes though it shouldn't present any trouble to learn.

19. JuroX

JuroX

Hi,
    I'm using Unity Free version 4.5.5f1. When I configure even simple sine generator connected to output and hit play there is the message in Console:
    Data too long to fit the audioclip: Output. 464 sample(s) discarded
    UnityEngine.AudioClip:SetData(Single[], Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.<IGenerate>d__0:MoveNext()...

And the generated sound is clipped at the and. Even the saved wav file is clipped as well.

I found another problem with using Envelope module together with FrequencySetter. Even when Envelope mode is set to Duration, the frequency is changing according to envelope to some point, but then the frequency is changing somehow unpredictible.
    Is the Sound Generator compatible with the latest version of Unity? The description in asset store does not mention which specific versions are supported or not.
    Thanks,
    Juro

20. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Hi @JuroX

Thank you for reporting this, I will look into both issues immediately.

21. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

@JuroX :

Regarding sound clipping: Please make absolutely sure you only set the "Smooth Loop" setting in your Output Module to active ONLY if you absolutely want to end up with a looping sound effect after wards. This setting will ALWAYS clip the sound, attempting to try find a best match, smoothest (no clicking) looping sound.

This setting is and has been somewhat experimental though and is the only possible way you could have received the samples discarded message. I have made some minor tweaks to this and that error will no longer appear for you from the next update.

Regarding envelope module together with FrequencySetter. I'm struggling to reproduce this issue. Could you please create a composition prefab where you have this happening and export a unitypackage sent to sound-generator@darkarts.co.za so that I can better understand and reproduce your issue.

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  22. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

I’d like to announce a Happy DarkArts Twitmass

Do you own one, or more, DarkArts Studios Editor Extensions on the Unity Asset Store?

Tweet about your experience and include @UnityAssetStore and @DarkArtsStudios in your tweet and you will be entered into a draw to win any DarkArts Studios product on the Unity Asset Store. This could either be a different DarkArts Studios product for yourself or even the same product you already own, for a friend. The winner will be given a Unity Asset Store voucher code to claim their prize so you will own it on the Asset Store, forever, including all future updates.

You don’t (yet) own a DarkArts Studios Editor Extension? Then tell us which one appeals to you the most and why, also including @UnityAssetStore and @DarkArtsStudios in your tweet and you will be entered into a draw as well.

However, you know how they say “A picture is worth a thousand words” - so include a screenshot in your tweet of something you’ve created using one or more of our Editor Extensions or something you’d like to do in the future and you will get 2 entries into the draw instead of just one.

Let’s not be “that guy”, You are only eligible for a single entry into the draw per twitter account, unless you add an screenshot to your tweet - in which case you get two entries. So let’s avoid the spam ;)

All tweets in 2014 will be taken into consideration and the winner will be announced in the first week of 2015, starting the new year with a free give-away and opening 2015 “The year of the feature” for DarkArts Studios where all our products will be getting many more updates with some exciting new features.

Happy Holidays everyone, wherever you may be, from DarkArts Studios.

23. ameralay

ameralay

Hi,

I need to buy this plugin but I need to ask first about a specific feature in it. Is it able to detect the female sound and turn it into a male one?

I know it can generate robot and cats voice but I need to generate a human voice in a male voice form despite the speaker is a male or female.

can your plugin do that?

Thanks,
    Amera

24. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

This is just a short note to let you all know that an update is available within the Asset Store that resolves issued you may have had with Sound Generator on Unity 5.

25. paraself

paraself

Hi DarkArts, I just bought, tried and had some thoughts. It's great plugin, but it lacks some features which makes it hard to fit into my current project.
    1. API doc should really be provided, so that it's easier to make procedural real time audio.
    2. Runtime editing should be enabled to better tweak sound effects, especially when feeding game parameters (for example Player's velocity), it's handy to runtime tweak parameters directly in composition because these game parameters are only available in runtime (like Unity's audio mixer does).
    3. More filter types like Unity's built in audio mixer effects.
    4. or could potentially integrate with Unity's audio mixer through visual scripting.
    5. Reflection module that can get custom monobehaviours properties/fields and feed that into composition.

I am currently making a procedural audio game, the audio guy does not know programming, so I am more looking for visual-scripting solution to make him have better control over the procedural pipeline. Sorry if my ideas sound harsh and do not fit with what you have planned with this plugin. ;D Great plugin though!

26. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Hi @paraself

First off, thank you very much for your feedback. No your ideas don't sound "harsh" feedback is always great, how else do I know what's really wanted by those using the product. Sometimes, as a developer using your own product, you don't truly realize what's lacking since you're far too familiar with the product yourself.

I have added your requests into the development roadmap, viewable here.

I'll definitely look into all of the above for you although I can't promise timelines as yet - in the meantime you, or your audio guy, are more than welcome to send as many questions as you would like to sound-generator@darkarts.co.za and I'll help you guys on your way. I agree the documentation (especially runtime API) are sorely lacking at the moment however there are several examples, even for creating your own custom filters and modules and I'd highly recommend looking through those.

27. kilik128

kilik128

HI i need help for understand api i will create somethink's in code please

28. guyal

guyal

Launching the bouncing balls and theramin demos with WebGL in Chrome, as well as Firefox, the audio doesn't play, with the JavaScript console error:
    "Cannot set data on compressed samples. Changing the load type to DecompressOnLoad on the AudioClip will fix this". The only audio clip not set to DOL is the "thats-the-loveliest-thing" clip, which isn't used in either scene.

Thoughts? Has anyone successfully used SG in WebGL? Thanks.

29. anirudha_vfx

anirudha_vfx

30. guyal

guyal

Thanks, very helpful.

31. kilik128

kilik128

hi DarkArts
    hi i need know how can export by script without the dialogbox for select folder and name please

32. kilik128

kilik128

Hey you can help please

public void Action(int m ){

count = 0;
    sound_lenght = 0;
    sound_lenght = vstart;

GameObject gg = new GameObject();

DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Mixer mm = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Mixer>();

mm.attributes = mix.attributes;

Debug.Log("sound[m].length"+sound[m].length);

for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {

DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip aa = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip>();
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Delay dd = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Delay>();

dd.attributes = delay.attributes;

aa.audioClip = voice[0];
    dd.attributes[0].generator = aclip ;//"Input"
    dd.attributes[1].value = sound_lenght;//"Delay"
    mm.attributes[count].generator = dd;

count +=1;
    sound_lenght += aa.audioClip.length;

}

output.attributes[0].generator = mm;
    output.attributes[2].value = sound[m].length;//"Duration"

Debug.Log (sound[m].length+"sound_lenght"+sound_lenght);
    }

i finish by understand api

and i got crash when

Output.Generate ()

33. kilik128

kilik128

Cannot get data from streamed samples. If the AudioClip was created via AudioClip.Create and no PCM read callback was provided, the 'stream' argument must be false. For a disk-based AudioClip changing the load type to DecompressOnLoad on the AudioClip will allow modification of the data.
    UnityEngine.AudioClip:GetData(Single[], Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip:OnAmplitude(Single, Single, Single, Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.BaseModule:amplitude(Single, Single, Single, Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Delay:OnAmplitude(Single, Single, Single, Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.BaseModule:amplitude(Single, Single, Single, Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Mixer:OnAmplitude(Single, Single, Single, Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Output:OnAmplitude(Single, Single, Single, Int32)
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.<IGenerate>d__0:MoveNext()
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Output:Generate()
    loader:test() (at Assets/loader.cs:349)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

fot this too not understand

34. kilik128

kilik128

35. kilik128

kilik128

i have this log on build

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip.OnAmplitude (Single frequency, Single time, Single duration, Int32 depth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.BaseModule.amplitude (Single frequency, Single time, Single duration, Int32 depth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Delay.OnAmplitude (Single frequency, Single time, Single duration, Int32 depth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.BaseModule.amplitude (Single frequency, Single time, Single duration, Int32 depth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Mixer.OnAmplitude (Single frequency, Single time, Single duration, Int32 depth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Output.OnAmplitude (Single frequency, Single time, Single duration, Int32 depth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Output+<IGenerate>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Output.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at loader+<Save>c__Iterator10.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String)
    <exported>c__IteratorF:MoveNext()

i don't understand because it's working on Unity Editor

Generate is very long like 10 15 minute any way to improve him please

36. kilik128

kilik128

it's working now i got just noise on export
    any way to know api for export

37. kilik128

kilik128

hum
    public IEnumerator Action(int m ){

count = 1;
    sound_lenght = 0;
    sound_lenght = vstart;

GameObject gg = new GameObject();
    gg.name = "0";

for (int i = 0; i < oldobj.Count; i++) {
    Destroy(oldobj);
    }

oldobj.Clear();
    oldobj.Add (gg);

sound.Clear();
    voice.Clear();

var unloader = Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets() ;

while (!unloader.isDone) {
    yield return null;
    }

System.GC.Collect();

yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame();
    yield return StartCoroutine ("Load_sound",pathsound[m%pathsound.Count]);

DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Mixer mm = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Mixer>();

mm.InitializeAttributes();
    mm.attributes = mix.attributes;

Debug.Log(sound.Count+"sound[m].length"+sound[0].length);
    //DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip soundd = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip>();
    aclip.audioClip = sound[0];
    //mm.attributes[0].generator = soundd;
    multi.attributes[1].value = volume;
    //soundd.InitializeAttributes();

for (int i = iam+1; i < iam+200; i++) {

gg = new GameObject();
    gg.name = i.ToString();
    oldobj.Add (gg);

DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip aa = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.AudioClip>();
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Delay dd = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.Delay>();
    DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.AmplitudeMultiplier mu = gg.AddComponent<DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.Filter.AmplitudeMultiplier>();

dd.InitializeAttributes();
    aa.InitializeAttributes();
    mu.InitializeAttributes();

yield return StartCoroutine ("Load_voice",pathvoice[i % pathvoice.Count]);

Debug.Log (voice.Count.ToString()+"Try Load"+(i % pathvoice.Count).ToString());

//dd.attributes = delay.attributes;
    mu.attributes[0].generator = aa ;//"Input"
    mu.attributes[1].value = volume;//"Delay"

aa.audioClip = voice[voice.Count-1];
    dd.attributes[0].generator = mu ;//"Input"
    dd.attributes[1].value = sound_lenght;//"Delay"
    mm.attributes[count].generator = dd;

if( aa.audioClip == null)
    Debug.Log ("Bug"+(voice.Count-1).ToString());

count +=1;
    iam +=1;
    sound_lenght += aa.audioClip.length;

if (sound[0].length <= sound_lenght)
    i = 5000;

}

output.attributes[0].generator = mm;
    output.attributes[2].value = sound[0].length;//"Duration"

Debug.Log (sound[0].length+"sound_lenght"+sound_lenght);
    }

result

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[DarkArtsStudios.SoundGenerator.Module.BaseModule+Attribute].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at loader+<Action>c__IteratorF.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

38. ina

ina

do you support chords or multiple notes playing at the same time?

39. ina

ina

40. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

So just got this on lv11. I noticed one of the earlier reviews mentioning a framerate hit when generating sounds at runtime.
    I'm just wondering if this has been addressed before I sink any time into this one?

41. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Hi,

This very much depends on:
    1. The complexity of the Sound Generator Composition
    2. The hardware (several mobile apps use this already at runtime, some of their code I wrote for them exist as runtime examples).
    3. When _you_ choose to trigger (if not a running realtime composition loop) the "render" of the audio (if it's complex). There are also examples provided for pre-loading & composing more complex audio compositions during level load rather than at runtime.
    I hope this helps answer your question.

42. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

Thanks for the quick response. It seems flexible enough so I'll take a deeper look at this when I'm ready to integrate music.

43. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Version update 2.2 has been released.

The primary focus of this update was vastly improved support for multiple different versions of Unity. Be sure to download Sound Generator, from the Asset Store, with the intended Unity version you plan to use - since it'll be optimized directly for that specific version. As a side effect, a couple of issues with Unity 5.6 were also rectified.

Here follows a more verbose version 2.2 change list:
    • Custom builds for a range of Unity versions now that Unity supports individual uploads per Unity version
    • Corrected some meta file issues for Unity 4.x series now that we can ship per-unity-version packages
    • Ensure that zoom and move (mouse events) are contained within the zoom area
    • Ensure that icon size is only retrieved (from preferences) post construction
    • Correct icon-set as (FontAwesome -> Fugue) as well as GUIContent ordering for title and icon in windows' titlebars
    • Upgrade Reordable list & Remove ReorderableFlag DisableClipping flag (redundant)
    • EditorGUIUtility.LookLikeControls deprecated after Unity 4.2
    • Use GUI Content for settings editor window title & icon from Unity 5.1 onwards
    • Only Unity 4 series requires _3D argument for clip creation, deprecated in Unity 5 and above

44. penotronica

penotronica

Thank you for release good asset.
    I favorite this.

now,I making synthesizer game by Sound Generator. but, I have some trouble.

I want to other program value to Sound Generator's volume & other palameter.
    As a reason for that to see programming reference.

Thank you.

45. lo-94

lo-94

The loop button seems to crash Unity whenever I use this
    There seems to be a lot of issues with 2017.2.0f3
    Is this asset still alive?
    Can't export as a smooth loop, can't preview as a loop
    Was hoping runtime generation would be faster
    Paid a steep price for something that crashes my editor :/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  46. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Hi @DespairBear

Yes this asset is still very much alive. I'm very sorry this is your first experience with one of my products!

If you don't mind please also send an email to sound-generator@darkarts.co.za with an attached composition asset that causes a crash for you so that I can make a plan to solve this for you as quickly as possible.

I will, in the mean time, see what I can find with 2017.2.0f3 and attempt to reproduce this myself.

47. lo-94

lo-94

Hey sorry for the late reply. I had some medical issues that took over my life for a period. I'll send you the composition that causes a crash over the weekend

Are there any plans to reduce the CPU impact of creating sounds at runtime? It would be really great if this was a viable option, but the system seems to hiccup pretty hard every time one of the sounds is generated