Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Sorting layers not working as expected.

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by jarosgregory, Sep 12, 2022.

1. jarosgregory

jarosgregory

I have 3 layers that I'm using right now, Floor > Character > Furniture. Floors should be under the character, furniture should obscure the character. Simple.

The floor uses the Floor layer, it's order 1 in the layer. There are two Aisle GameObjects where each Aisle object is broken up into two more objects (base and top where base has sorting layer Floor, order 2. top has sorting layer Furniture, order 0) so that the character's body is obscured by the top but not the base giving the illusion the character is behind the Aisle when they move behind it.

I have the inspectors for each object pulled up so you can see everything is in order, however, the character appears on top of both Aisles despite them being identical and seemingly set properly.

What's going on here?

Attached Files: