Search Unity

Sony Morpheus?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by IlonaCheb, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IlonaCheb

IlonaCheb

Hello!

I'm a developer from Seattle in need of an early Morpheus dev kit. I know the official ones aren't shipping till early 2016, but I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to get my hands on one. Would greatly appreciate suggestions. Thank you in advance!

2. WendelinReich

WendelinReich

This is how it works: have your people call Yoshida's people, then you'll meet in a back alley and take it from there. Alternatively, I know of a black market in Southern Russia where you can buy absolutely anything...

3. jashan

jashan

First step is you become a Sony PS4 developer. Then you apply for the hardware. Then they decide whether you get the hardware or not. But once you are a Sony PS4 developer you'll have a person to talk to about these things.

Be prepared to pay some money, too. Not for bribing people ... but console dev kits are pretty costly and you'll need a PS4 development kit (the hardware) to work with the Morpheus.

hippocoder likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hi, it's our duty to lock threads like this and ask you to contact your sony manager or representative. They are in charge of morpheus headset distribution, no-one else. You can in the meantime develop just fine with a rift because Unity does support console vr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.