Search Unity

Сonstant tracing of the telephone positioning

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Ark_Tarusov, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Ark_Tarusov

Ark_Tarusov

Hello,
    I need to organize constant tracing of the telephone positioning.
    So for this purpose I decided to use UserDefinedTarget and Extended Tracking.
    Using the Standard sample as a basis I wrote an algorithm which creates a new UserDefinedTarget when losing the previous one.
    But when the new UserDefinedTarget is created, the camera Position resets and tracing starts over again.
    I tried to solve the issue by using the setting “World Center Mode - Specific_target” and installing the Image Target which I created first into the World Center.
    But if the target which was created at the start is lost, the position resets and with each new target tracing starts over again.
    Could you advise me any method which can help to organize constant tracing of the telephone positioning?

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello Airy_Cat,

Have you tried this with setting the World Center Mode to Camera instead of one of the targets?

Thanks!

3. Ark_Tarusov

Ark_Tarusov

Hi, Vuforia-Strasza.
    I tried this by setting the World_Center setting of the goal I'm doing first.
    That is, I created two Target_Image, one of which was made by World_Center.
    And it does not work the way I want.
    If the main target is lost, the camera position is reset.
    In the second case, the camera position is reset with each new Target_Image. The same applies to turning the camera.

I want to achieve a result in which the position of the phone will be constantly monitored, without lowering it to zero.

Perhaps in the new version of Vuforia it will be easier to do this with the new function. However, we can not wait for its release.

p.s. I'm sorry for my bad english)

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

How far from the original image are you getting before you need to create a new image? How far in total are you wanting/needing to go for your app?

An alternative solution to your problem would be to instead of creating a new UDT when the first one loses tracking, create one shortly before you lose it. Then save off the current position of the camera and start using the new target to start tracking. While it won't have the exact offset position of the camera at all times, you can have the history of all positions of the camera before switching UDTs and can add them together to figure out the total difference. Would this work for what you are trying to do, or am I misunderstanding an aspect of it?

5. Ark_Tarusov

Ark_Tarusov

Now I'm trying to realize the creation of a new goal with the same position as the old one. At the moment I'm testing.

I want endless traffic, but in about one session the user will be in AR mode for 10 minutes, during which he can move around an area of about 50 square meters.
    I can not aim until the goal is lost, because the goals are created automatically.
    That is, for the user it's all not noticeable.
    I tried to create new goals in a short time. However, this also led to failures.