Search Unity

Sometimes object spawns with wrong color (aqua ?) after first Instantiate

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by R1PFake, Jan 18, 2021.

1. R1PFake

R1PFake

Unity 2019.4 LTS

I have a very simple case, a script with a prefab reference which spawns the prefab with a default Instantiate call after a key is pressed.

Now the weird part, sometimes (totatlly random) the object will spawn with a wrong color, but it's not the usual pink error color, it's more like aqua and a few frames later it will change to the correct color.

There is nothing in the code that touches the color or material, it's literally a default sphere with no code at all.

A few things that I noticed:
    - It doesn't happen often, sometimes I don't see it for a whole day and sometimes I only see it every few hours
    - IF it does happen, it will only be the very first Instantiate call per Play session, every following call after the "error" will spawn the object with the correct color
    - The "error" happens in the default render pipline with a Mobile/Unlit shader but also in the URP with the URP Unlit shader, so maybe it has something to do with Unlit shaders?

Im not sure if this is a Unity or graphic card "problem", did anyone else ever see something similar?

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

This is what happens in URP when Unity is still compiling the shader... or something like that... I think :)

I don't think it will be a problem in your build because the shaders will be precompiled.

R1PFake likes this.