Search Unity

Sometimes lagging when load level on Android

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Jindrich-Regal, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Jindrich-Regal

Jindrich-Regal

Dear Unity developers,
    we started to make our second game and we have one bad issue which we can't resolve many weeks.

When the game starded, sometimes is everything ok but more offer the game runs slow. It's not problem of optimizing because when you restart e.g. 3 times than the game runs correctly. Buts it's completely random.

I analyze profiler and I found that when the game lagging, VBO in rendering is very slow. I try to delete everything form scene and then gradually add the object. There is a problem because when I have simple scene there is a chance that there still a problem but I get enough fps because the scene is simple.

I figured that there is problem of static objects. We have a racing game and when I remove every dynamics object and have only one car, the game still lagging sometimes. But if I make the enviroment simplier than the game runs fast.

When I build same project on mac to iPad without change than everything is ok. It's quite strange.

Have you ever had simmilar issue?

Thanks for answers.

2. Jindrich-Regal

Jindrich-Regal

It looks that problem was solved by updating from 4.3 to 4.3.1