Search Unity

Something went wrong...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Daniel_Artist, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

So i was working on a project in Unity 2018.3.5f1 and then i upgrade the project to 2018.3.14f1 and all of the sudden, when i press play, this error comes up at play (the attached screenshot). I went to the path that its suggested there, but there is not .json file nasmed like that. I reverted back to the initial version on Unity and still i have this error on play, wich doesn't let me play the project.

Any ideas on why is this happening? have you got the same error?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

It looks like a permission problem. I don't even have that file in my version folder. Maybe just delete it and see if it is recreated?

3. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

Delete the entire folder?
    Because i can't even see the file there...and thats why i am confused about it...

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's not there? Okay. Can you use the editor normally? Did you quit it and restart it just to see if the error message is still there?

5. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

If i follow the path in the error, this is what i see. I restarted the app, and the computer too(maybe it was a problem on the instalation) but still get the same error.

Attached Files:

• path.jpg
      path.jpg
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

This seems to be a bug; you'll have to file a bug report.

Does this happen with previous versions of Unity? For ewample 2018.3.13f1? It's not in the Hub; you can download it through the Hub here: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive.

karl_jones likes this.
  7. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

I understand. Yes, it happens with a previous version of unity aswell, i tried with 2018.3.5f1
    Funny thing is that i have on another computer installed this version (2018.3.5f1) and there all its working perfectly, like it did on my computer before i made the update. I will file a report and see what they can tell me.

Thank you.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did you try with 2019.1?

9. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

Yes, i tried with the 2019.1.8f1 and it gives me the same error. Can it be something wrong with the project?

Because i tested other projects also, and i don't seem to get that error.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Does this happen with other projects? With a completely empty project?

11. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

No, its not..thats why i think its might have something to do with the project. But since i don't get any related errors to the project..i don't know what it could be. It worked fine before the update...

12. Antypodish

Antypodish

Can you create new project and move assets there?
    Export / Import assets.

13. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

Well, there are allot of things to do...and its a pretty complicated job, because i will be literally remaking the entire project from zero...and could take me allot of days.

I uninstalled all the unity versions, erased all the data regarding the project and Unity editor. Installed a fresh version of 2018.3.5f1 and a new copy of the project, and still get the same thing. i'm still digging for solutions...

14. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

So...long story short i think i works now. I just used "run as administrator" and i didn't got those errors anymore.
    But my questions still remains...why for this particular project, this problem occurs, and didn't recognized me as administrator in the first place?

15. Antypodish

Antypodish

My only assumption is, it something, or some asset is trying write something somewhere in Unity folder, rather than Unity project folder.

Btw, what is your directory for saving project data?

16. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

Well, the directory for the project data si somewhere on :)D) drive...so it should affect the :C drive where all the software is installed...
    Funny thing is, that i didn't change any plugin what so ever...and before the update worked fine.