Search Unity

Question Something went wrong. Please sign in again.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by EthanBarron, Jan 13, 2022.

1. EthanBarron

EthanBarron

I just downloaded the new unity hub and I literally cannot sign in. I tried

Logging out and back in

Bonus: Clicking the error? Makes the hub grey for some reason Idk why upload_2022-1-13_18-34-19.png

2. JohnBobington

JohnBobington

I have the same problem. In my case it's due to the fact my company is using a proxy.
    If that's also your case, you can try to use a .cmd file to set the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY env vars before starting the hub (though in my case I just get a black window...).

Script to put in the .cmd file should look like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. @echo off
    3. set HTTP_PROXY=http://<proxy-address>:<proxy-port>
    4. set HTTPS_PROXY=http://<proxy-address>:<proxy-port>
    5. set NO_PROXY=<any domain or address you want to exclude. ex: localhost>
    6. start "" "C:\Program Files\Unity Hub\Unity Hub.exe"
    Hope this helps

3. EthanBarron

EthanBarron

Nah I work as a standalone indie dev. Randomly woke up today and it worked out of nowhere. Thanks for responding though!

oleg22903 likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

We just ditched Unity!
    We pulled 4 Devs off of their existing projects to team up. All lined up for their first week into games programming (something that our company has never done before) and all 4 installed it and received that error.
    We tried for 1/2 a day and even through lunch then just binned it (What's the point if Unity can't even display a useful error message to diagnose their issues) and went to Unreal who spun up straight away without any problems!
    Looking at the Unity forums they seem to suggest: We don't know the issue let's blame your corporate network and or your system and basically blame you although we can't tell you that for sure but hey guys "good luck guessing"!

DrainPlayRS, dananqqdeqd and sergo21n like this.
  5. Bongkol

Bongkol

Thanks dude You save My Project

6. Abi23329

Abi23329

it doesn't work for me idk y.

anyone help??

7. Slock20969

Slock20969

I'm having the same problem. I am upgrading to a new laptop, Win11. I have all of my proxy stuff set up like my previous machine which still works and nothing works. I've even tried the .cmd mentioned above and I still get the same problem. It'd be nice if we had more information than:
    Something went wrong. Please sign in again.

This software is meant for developers, at least give us an error for us to hunt down.

Dancedude, Leo881008 and Red-boy like this.
  8. ASADIE

ASADIE

I had same issue for a long time, since I am using company MacBook, I found out I have to turn off security app which my company is using (it is not a company of gaming industry -- using UNITy for me personal love) .. so after turning off this security app I got rid of the damn issue with "Something went wrong, please sign again". Hope that will help some of you, guys. I read somewhere the issue can be connected with some PROXY or something like that, I am not tech guy, so, perhaps this hint could help somebody here as well. Peace, guys!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  9. weareallthereis

weareallthereis

I used a vpn connected to san francisco and it fixed this issue. I guess they only care about the locals XD

sergo21n likes this.
  10. Mitruk59

Mitruk59

Hi, does everything work fine after the VPN is turned off?

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

12. Suraksha226

Suraksha226

Once I switched from my mobile hotspot to my home network, Unity Hub was able to log in successfully after previously failing to do so.

13. fenre

fenre

I had this same issue. The solution (for me) was to disable Zscaler on my mac. Worked right away after that.

14. DerpTV

DerpTV

SOLVED (for me)
    In case your PC has installed some corporate proxy like Zscaler, you should
    1) clear the cache of your browser
    2) put yourself in the login page, the one that appears after you click on the sing in button in the UnityHUB client
    3) restart zscaler
    4) when you receive the Warning notification from the proxy client, sign in and click "open unity hub" from the pop up in the browser.

Do this in the period of time of proxy client restarting, otherwise it wont work.

I hope this helped you guys

View attachment 1322072

15. Kumargagan

Kumargagan

Same problem

16. superaldo666

superaldo666

Again..

Edit: I found a solution for my case, I went directly to run the Unity.exe editor from the path C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.2.x.x\Editor\Unity.exe, this made the Unity Hub run, but this time the log did work. it gave me no error

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  17. shabalayar_92

shabalayar_92

I solved it by shutting down VPN

yuzusiooooo likes this.
  18. Axinforino

Axinforino

my dad bought me the new victus laptop and its still not working

19. Hebertm2

Hebertm2

Solution: Download Unreal Engine, you login on Epic Games Store and this kind of issue never jumps at your face

20. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

That's simply not true. EGS is forcing to log in again and again seemingly in every ~3 weeks (I guess it should be 30 days, they just can't make a decent software).

21. dannz_simon

dannz_simon

I agree. No more wasting time with this degrading product and company. I've developed with Unity for 12 years. Now I'm in a new company with the opportunity to introduce a game engine as part of their tech stack used for client solutions and I can't even open the damn thing. Not even a useful error. This, along with their PR debacle last year with pricing and everything, has cemented my decision to look into either Godot or Unreal.

22. qwinzeth

qwinzeth

On a new Windows 11 machine, I was able to get around this error by adding a Program rule for the Unity Hub.exe under Outbound Rules in Windows Firewall. Inbound Rules seems to have one setup automatically.
    upload_2024-3-21_23-29-5.png