Search Unity

Something went wrong installing Unity...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TheAtomAnt, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Cafetorium

Cafetorium

It's about license management. Even if you are not using Unity commercially, you need to do this.

Go to Settings, License management.
    Click Manual Activation.
    Click Save License Request and save the request somewhere, such as Documents.
    Then click the link below that (license.unity3d.com/manual) and log in.
    Upload the file you just saved.
    Select the license type.
    Follow the instructions.
    The license will be added to your account and you will then be able to install the new version.

Worked for me.

2. lesarch

lesarch

This didn't fix it for me, sadly.

Last time this error happened to me, I had to do a full reinstall of Unity Hub and it somehow worked. But now that a new updated editor is released, the same error as before now happens when I install via UnityHub. Unity should fix this as I wouldn't want to keep uninstalling and reinstalling UnityHub just to use an updated editor.

3. Poplab

Poplab

Same problem with Unity 2020.3.22f1. Clicking on "check for updates" under Preferences->License Management and then trying to add again Unity solved the problem for me. Hope it helps!

4. TarequeUI

TarequeUI

I found the downloaded files in my Temp folder and installed it manually.

5. dpt2

dpt2

Still buggy all this time later? Once again, Unity makes a feature and just lets it to rot instead of fixing it.

6. Eemeli0123

Eemeli0123

Same

dpt2 likes this.
  7. mw2357

mw2357

I had the same problem and it worked when I deselected all modules and also deselected the documentation, so I downloaded the editor only (1 file).

8. davidj361

davidj361

I also had problems installing Unity before. Made a support ticket for it.

9. hankuk1592

hankuk1592

years have passed and it still happens... behold UNITY TECH.
    I have tried everything that other mentioned in the web, but nothing worked.
    But this worked for me.
    1. Delete Unity Hub from Control Panel
    2. Delete 'Unity Hub' folder in %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\
    Try installing it again.

Hope it works !

dpt2 likes this.
  10. mateuszwallace

mateuszwallace

In my case I needed to Update the Unity Hub and during the installation process it was essential to redownload packages which were not downloaded properly using retry button.
    However the installation proceess stuck for some while installing the NDK and only when I open the Unity 2020.3.22 during the installation in the background it move on with an NDK installation failed, the next item ine queue was installed properly after that.

Attached Files:

11. AquatikChicken

AquatikChicken

How is this POSSIBLY still an issue? I'm brand new to Unity and I cannot begin to express how dumbfounded I am. This is one of the most poorly-designed installation hubs I have ever seen, and it's supposed to be installing a programming tool? Is this some kind of strange prank, because I cannot think of any other reason such a popular and powerful tool could have such embarrassingly, pathetically app-breaking bugs that have existed for years without a fix. It's beyond baffling.

As others have said earlier in this thread, there are people who are working for Unity that need to fired immediately, and should be blacklisted from ever working in the tech industry again. This kind of bug should be fixed within a week, much less a month, much less a year, much less multiple years. A small intermittent blip and minor package loss completely disrupts not only the download process, but the installation process as well? I'm sitting here at my desk absolutely beyond stunned at the amount of effort required just to get Unity installed.

PS: After about 20 minutes of troubleshooting and reviewing logs, I was able to definitively determine the cause of the failure was, in fact, an intermittent blip/package loss in the download (I'm using WiFi -- no other choice, unfortunately). Deleting Unity Hub as well as its appdata folder seemed to do the trick.

PPS: Attempting to watch Netflix during the installation/download process caused 2/3 of installations to fail. Yes, you read that correctly -- your entire application was thwarted by... Netflix. Congratulations! That level of absolute failure and incompetence is honestly impressive.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  12. largojhon

largojhon

i have the same problem it says error cant install unity or smth

13. Estaxcto

Estaxcto

14. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

That's not Unity it's your ass Internet connection.

15. OrientedPain

OrientedPain

Unity Supports Resume Downloading in Unity Hub.

16. KumarTony

KumarTony

ther same me of 50gb with mobiedata hotstop sitll vefication falied