Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Something weird going on with asset purchases.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N1warhead, May 17, 2018.

1. N1warhead

N1warhead

Okay, I just noticed something really strange with my recent purchases.
    I'm being charged a few cents extra than the actual cost and it caused a major issue with my paypal account because I was working off a select amount of money to get certain things, it caused me to get a negative balance (granted only 98 cents). But still, I didn't catch it until just now as another purchase I made yesterday added up even more change again.

Okay, so I bought something for $40 dollars, it ended up costing me $40.40 after it was done pending.
    Bought something else for $37.50 and ended up costing me $37.88
    Bought something else for $35.00 and it costed $35.35
    Bought something else for $7.00 and it costed me $7.07

The thing is, nothing reflected on this until (after) the charge was done pending, then it just took the extra few cents.

Which in my case, is like $1.2 dollars, but in my situation I was never expected it to cost more than I authorized, at least it never did for me before, it was always exactly what it said it would cost. So this caused me to mess up my account stuff.

Is this supposed to happen now?
    Also I think I may have also got double charged on one of the cent adding because my paypal shows the 40.40 one twice, so it may have charged me 80 cents instead of .40. I however, wasn't double charged an extra 40 dollars.

JamesArndt likes this.
  2. zenGarden

zenGarden

This can make lot of money when you multiply those cents per hundred of buyers.

N1warhead likes this.
  3. N1warhead

N1warhead

Yeah I know right.
    The part that gets me though, I'm fine if it's supposed to charge them extra few cents. But the thing is, it never showed the few cents being charged, until after the payment was processed (after it was pending), then it just stole the change from me.

I'm not mad or anything, I took care of it, but is happening to everyone else or am I having bad luck with the new asset store page?

Would be nice if Unity employee's chipped in, because it doesn't make sense to only charge the change, after the payment has been processed, I've never in my life had a negative paypal balance, never even knew it was possible until now, because if you ain't got it, it tells you nope can't do it.

4. zenGarden

zenGarden

I agree, i didn't took attention when i bought some assets.
    Perhaps some other buyers got the same charge.

N1warhead likes this.
  5. N1warhead

N1warhead

Yeah, it's almost as if there's some form of tax, but you'd think the page would mention taxes when you buy said assets.
    Perhaps I'm getting charged a VAT in the USA? No idea, don't know VAT prices, never dealt with that before.

6. gilley033

gilley033

I believe there is some kind of "Foreign Fee," at least whenever I purchase something with my credit card this fee shows up in addition to the actual purchase. I imagine with PayPal it's just lumping it all together. I have no clue what it is.

7. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I'd ask PayPal and your bank about it. If it's a legitimate fee being added somewhere then one of them should know.

Kiwasi likes this.