Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Something... more?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GarBenjamin, Oct 1, 2016.

1. derf

derf

Depending on how you structure your game logic you may not want to be re-loading levels (or scenes) all the time and may want to consider multiple cameras in the main scene instead. Depends on how you want the game experience to flow.

One camera for the game board, one camera for the logistics, one camera for the combat, etc. This of course all depends on the actual play experience your shooting for.

MV10 likes this.
  2. MV10

MV10

Thanks, that's exactly my plan. Since everything is turn-based and most of the content is generated by code, there isn't any great benefit to multiple scenes that I can think of. The tactical game will make heavy use of several skyboxes (assets I already have from back when I started learning Unity) so I already have some light-duty camera shenanigans on the radar.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about that aspect... there are so few assets in the scene in the editor I could actually just parent them under two game objects and toggle between them. Hmm...

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Isn't your wife in charge of that area?
    Either way - this is looking pretty cool. I'm a sucker for certain types of outer space stuff.

MV10 likes this.
  4. MV10

MV10

In theory. :)

Also in theory I wasn't going to worry about "polish" yet ... but I realized I'm one of those people who will work harder on something when it looks good. Anyway, polish is just about done. At first I was going for "sci fi" but then I got to thinking about the pseudo-Victorian look in the first Dune movie, and sort of ended up here. Not the best UI that I've seen but I can live with it, and it'll be more interesting later when I add faint moving sci-fi UI-greeble.

The top left circle will show a red/green gauge indicating the peace/war level in the galaxy overall (various activities will move it one way or the other), and the bottom right will be a turn indicator (almost all of the scenarios will be turn-limited for win-condition purposes).

Edit: Time for that overdue WIP thread...

1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
unityunity