Search Unity

Bug Something is changing my RemoteLoadPath call

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by mboog12, Oct 18, 2022.

1. mboog12

mboog12

I've created 2 more environments from the dashboard (dev & qa). And I'm using the 'dev' environment.
    I have set the proper remote path url in the editor, which is

https://<projectID>.client-api.unity3dusercontent.com/client_api/v1/environments/dev/buckets/<bucketID>/release_by_badge/latest/entry_by_path/content/?path=

my problem is that somehow the environment variable gets defaulted to 'production' in the actual http call

RemoteProviderException : Unable to load asset bundle from : https://<projectID>.client-api.unity3dusercontent.com/client_api/v1/environments/production/buckets/<bucketID>/release_by_badge/latest/entry_by_path/content/?path=/defaultlocalgroup_assets_all_1a824a85dd210c91784ec6f922161b16.bundle
    UnityWebRequest result : ProtocolError : HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    ResponseCode : 404, Method : GET

2. ryan_ngo

ryan_ngo

Unity Technologies

Could you try re-syncing the data sources and reselecting the desired environment/bucket/badge? You many also need to try rebuilding the Addressables assets so you can generate a new catalog so that it references the correct environment.

SebT_Unity likes this.
  3. mboog12

mboog12

Thank you! I Cleared Build Cache, and somehow it's now working. I'm still a bit confused as what was actually wrong.

Now I'm trying to update a bundle and download the latest version in the build.
    I've built an initial bundle & uploaded it through the dashboard, then i modified some data inside one addressable SO and built the apk (to see if the data is being changed). The android build is properly downloading the data from the addressable on the cloud.
    And now I want to update the data in that SO. So I modify the data, "Update a Previous Build" and upload the modified catalog hash, json and the new bundle file.
    But the build is trying to get the old bundle, even though in the catalog json it says the name of the new bundle.

My addressables builds. Observe the same catalog file (updating with every 'Update Previous Build'), but generating a new bundle file for each build.
    upload_2022-10-19_16-36-35.png

Inside the catalog json "Economy data.asset" has correct link to the latest bundle name
    upload_2022-10-19_16-37-36.png

BUT, my unity editor is still getting the old bundle name... somehow.
    upload_2022-10-19_16-41-46.png

This is my bucket dashboard, with the content.
    Thank you! I know it's a long one.
    upload_2022-10-19_16-45-28.png

4. mboog12

mboog12

LE: Seems to be working on the build now.
    Overall, i feel like this whole system is still a bit rough & not giving enough feedback. Some thrown errors are not helpful, requiring significant trial and error to fix some issues.