Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Something broken in 2.1 mesh importing

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cbman, Jul 26, 2008.

1. cbman

cbman

I updated to 2.1 and now importing of Maya meshes is not working correctly. Something is messed up with the UVs. It's like there's no uv map at all.

I create a new project, a simple cube with one texture, import it and it has no texture even tho the material is set up. It's just a gray cube.

However, if I create another UV map in Maya so there are two uv maps, the default map1 and another, then it imports correctly. Delete either one of the uv maps and it again imports without a uv map.

Having two uv maps as in one for light mapping does not work at all. It's like only the last uv map in the list in Maya is imported.

Has anybody else seen this? I would think the importer can't have got broken like this but it started after the update to 2.1

Any ideas?

2. Unclet

Unclet

no problems here with UV importing from Maya.

3. cbman

cbman

Yea it's really weird. The models that were imported in 2.0 are ok in 2.1. BUT, not if I create a new project and import them there. Then they are broken.
    New models imported for the first time in 2.1 are also broken.

Are there any things to be aware of with model importing from Maya? Things to avoid or special circumstances?

4. cbman

cbman

Got it figured out. In case anybody else run into this, the problem was that the texture type in HyperShade had accidentally been set to Stencil so even tho it looked fine in Maya, importing it caused trouble.

unityunity