Search Unity

Somehow, my sprites broke?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by maquis, Mar 25, 2016.

1. maquis

maquis

So, everything was looking good... then I built for android... and now my graphics are *hideous*, even when I turn off the Mobile Input mode, or when I just look at my sprite file. I don't know what could've caused that. If I open the sprite file in aseprite (graphics editor), it looks fine.

I don't know what happened that caused the breakage. I did see an error about ETC compression, but I've seen that before and it never caused a problem, so I ignored it, and didn't read it carefully, but that's the only thing I can think of that could've caused the issue.

I guess my questions are:
    1) what did I do wrong?
    2) how can I fix it?

Image attached...

Attached Files:

2. maquis

maquis

Forgot to mention: rebuilding doesn't give the ETC error anymore, but rebuilding also didn't fix anything

3. maquis

maquis

and of course, once I posted, I found that somehow my sprite got changed from 16-bit to compressed. I'm guessing maybe the attempt to build did that?

If it is preferred, I can remove this thread, or I can leave it here in case anyone else has the same problem... :)

4. maquis

maquis

now this is odd... if it builds with the good graphics, my mobile input buttons don't show up. but when it builds with hideous graphics, the mobile input buttons do show up????