Search Unity

Some unet questions about dedicated servers

Discussion in 'UNet' started by alextoti, Mar 19, 2018.

1. alextoti

alextoti

Hello everyone, i have some questions, im new to unet.
    1: Using the buttons Host Lan, or Lan Server and then port forwarding will let others joining the server?
    2: Is there any dedicated server match making system tutorial?
    3: Is it possible to use both Match making and Dedicated Servers?
    Finally: 4: The CCU is for each room? or for all the rooms? (Im speaking for before and after going live)
    Thx in advance!

2. TwoTen

TwoTen

1. Yes
    2. There is the documentation. You have to elaborate what you mean by dedicated server match making tho. It's the same principle for player and non player hosted games.
    3. Yes
    4. CCU is for the relay only. Not for UNET (neccecarly), but it is for all the rooms.

3. alextoti

alextoti

2: i mean to make a dedicated server with rooms like the matchmaking that unet offers, but with my server.
    4: so i can have 4 rooms with ccu of 20 in the all for example 5 ccu per room?

4. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

in short: if you dont use unity matchmaking service then you will have to build your own matchmaking logic on a server/app. then there is no extra pricing or ccu limit, just hardware limit.
    I also remember there is an asset that make a matchmaking system for unet on the asset store, that would be a safe start for what you want.

5. alextoti

alextoti

thx, ive found an awesome framework :D