Search Unity

Some Thoughts and Feedback about FPS Sample

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by Reanimate_L, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

I know that you guys are keep working and updating this (please do), so maybe some of my feedback are obsolete.
    1. Bloom, please reduce the bloom or at least increase the threshold, it seems to bright
    2. native First Person Rendering (FPR) mode for HDRP, this is a good chance to implement a native FPR mode into HDRP, you guys already have a good case of an actual game to implement more general solution. The current the solution are work for shooter game, but might not work for melee FPS game (ie elder scroll - ish?) due the difference in weapon mesh and collision ,well there's a hackish way to deal with them though but it would look really weird and bit pain to tweak.
    3. Treat this project just like epic with their unreal tournament (Just don't abandon it :D), this is a good test bench to test all sort of FPS stuff.
    4. This is not directly related to project, but i just realize lately all sample from unity always using multiscene stuff and you guys always implement custom tools to load multiple scene at once. Is there a plan to add some kind of nested scene to avoid this kind of custom loader?
    5. Make an executable build and host a servers on unity, so people can play :D. and maybe you guys can also distribute the build via unity hub?
    6. please don't abandon this project, this is really a good chance for unity to implement some specific game stuff to improve the engine, this might be the closest thing we can get for unity creating their own game. So yeah baby steps :D
    7.Matchmaking not working keep getting error on it.
    8.When we open the build manually as client, shouldn't we starting from main menu? not bootstrap scene?

Anyway, keep up the good work FPS Team

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    hippocoder likes this.