Search Unity

Some textures too white after lightmap bake. I am out of ideas on how to fix this

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by janjilecek, Jun 17, 2020.

1. janjilecek

janjilecek

I am working on a project that has a night time setting, so the skybox light in the scene is low and most of the scene is lit by individual lights (torches, lamps).

I am using Built-In pipeline and only built in light systems.

Before the lightmap bake the scene was kind of OK, there were some bad shadows from the previous bake, but after this last one - the light is completely wrong and I don't know what to do anymore.

The white textures are using Standard shader and worked fine before. Afaik I didn't change any Lighting settings (maybe except the Lightmap resolution, because the bake was taking too long. For the last build I put it back to default though).

The scene looks completely broken (that is a classic brick-colored house). The tree used to have brown and green textures. Only the terrain details and trees seem to stay kind of okay. There are also texture artifacts on the building to the left.
    upload_2020-6-17_17-40-8.png

Here is a screenshot from another scene where the light is OK:
    upload_2020-6-17_17-41-7.png

This is my lighting settings:
    ¨ upload_2020-6-17_17-45-38.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Judging from the artifacts, it is most likely a lightmap UV issue. Did you author lightmap UVs for your objects?

3. janjilecek

janjilecek

I am not sure what that is. I just imported the models. Can you point me to some tutorial on how to do that? Or what is the purpose of authoring lightmap UVs?

edit: I've figured it out, it was Reflection probes inside the room...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020