Search Unity

Question Some Surfaces Not Reflecting Light

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Beaverpelt, May 16, 2020.

1. Beaverpelt

Beaverpelt

I'm trying to relight a 3D scene I downloaded from the Asset Store, but I cannot figure out why lighting from emissive objects reflects off of some surfaces, but not others.

I've ticked the "Generate Lightmap UV's" box in the Inspector & checked that every object is marked Static, but am still not getting any light reflected on some models, as seen in the screenshot.

What am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am eager to learn Lighting in Unity & this is killing my progress! Lighting Issue Corridor.png

2. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Hey

Can you post your settings etc? And maybe go to the top left and select "Baked lightmaps" as your scene view mode and post that.

3. Beaverpelt

Beaverpelt

Sure thing! Thanks for the suggestions!
    BAKED-1.png BAKED-2.png

4. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

5. Beaverpelt

Beaverpelt

Okay, thank you for the info & link. I'll take a closer look at it.

6. Beaverpelt

Beaverpelt

I tried recreating the scene in Unity 2018.4.19f1 LTS & got similar (actually worse) results. Floor panels & more are still black.

I took a look at the frame debugger, but it is a little beyond me...not even sure what I'm looking for there & probably wouldn't even recognize it if I could find it.

I tried dropping an emissive red sphere into a completely different asset pack, & got similar results.

The wall panel outlined in the photo is all one piece--why would part of it be lit (the top) & parts of it unlit (bottom & decals)?

Could this problem be linked to reflection probes? Or caused by the fact that I'm trying to relight demo scenes included in the asset packs--do I need to build my own rooms from the base parts for the lighting to work?

Enissive issue 2.png