Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets Some stuff from a Unity SDK my company has been working on for both beginners and advanced users

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by wirewalkerdev, Jan 3, 2021.

1. wirewalkerdev

wirewalkerdev

I'm admittedly not the best at coding (by far) and I know that while it's easier for advanced users, doing the basics like menu design and spawning/despawning multiple items can take a while. For this reason, I got development started on the MenuZ system!

It allows for the following:

• A tag system where objects are divided into Systems, Subsystems, Tags and Hashtags

• An easy menu maker system that works by making an asset hierarchy spawn/despawn with a button press

• A forward/back history button (For UI presses)

• An easy loading screen creator

• A system where multiple objects can be replaced with another set of objects depending on a drop down option

• An easy scrollbar creation system that includes choosable options and features such as
    Automatic Scrolling/Scrolling Control

UI Interaction Options (Touchable, Non touchable, Remote Controlled)

An endless scrollbar option

• A UI system that allows other UIs to snap together (With effects if wanted)
    And much, much more!

The tag system is the star of the show as it allows a large amount of game effects to be edited. As an example, let's say you were making a Cyberpunk-Like game and wanted certain vehicles from a group (Let's call them Arasaka) to have a base health of 200, all cars to have a maximum speed of 200, motorcycles a maximum speed of 300 and wanted to make the vehicles all customizable. Instead of writing scripts for each vehicle, the tag system would allow it to look something like this:

Example 1: Example 2:

Company (System): Arasaka Company (System): Arasaka

Object (Subsystem): Vehicles A Object (Subsystem): Vehicles A

Type (Tag): Car Type (Tag): Motorcycle

Model (Tag 2): Jaguar Model (Tag 2): Light Cycle

Model Type (Tag 3): Standard Model Type (Tag 3): Heavy Edition

Section (Tag 4): Trunk Section (Tag 4): Left Side

Part (Tag 5): Back Cover Part (Tag 5): Chain

Add-Ons (Tag 6): Spoiler Add-Ons (Tag 6): Titanium Replacement

The, you could script the tags to have anything under a certain heading do a certain function (I am planning to add a group of examples and another SDK for this part)! Hashtags could also be added to any item which would allow it to be referenced in either a drop down or scrolling list! Aside from that, you could use the system to make a shop which gives a list of parts depending on the Tag (with a list that is updated from items with a certain hashtag) and changes parts with the despawn/spawn feature! It can even be used to do things like making sectional and regional damage possible!

It sounds like a lot, but the UI itself is much more sleek!

Stuff I will add includes:

- A Customization Menu (With prefabs that can be saved on runtime)
    - A basic RPG
    - A menu system and
    - A few minigames

It will work for about all platforms on Unity and if you couldn't tell from the addition of a history feature will also work with VR headsets like the Oculus Quest 2! I plan on using it myself for my XRUIOS (Extended Reality User Interface Operating System) project! Feel free to leave any thoughts or suggestions below!

Attached Files: