Search Unity

Some sprites become pixelated in my game's build.

Discussion in '2D' started by Etonio99, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Etonio99

Etonio99

In the last couple builds of my game I noticed that some of the characters became extremely pixelated once the game was run on my device (Samsung Galaxy s8), but when playing the game inside of Unity there is no problem at all.

I recently updated this build to Unity 2019.2.9f1 from 2019.1.0f2. The sprites that are pixelated are the only sprites in my game that are using the RGBA 32 bit format and must use that because I am using a palette swap script that can be found here. This scene of my game is also running noticeably slower than normal, but the other scenes (none of which contain these sprites) seem to run fine.

Does anyone know what is happening or how to fix this?

2. MisterSkitz

MisterSkitz

You may want to consider trying Re-import on these images.

1. You want to right click the image
    2. Click Show in Explorer
    3. You need to copy your original image from where it's stored on your computer
    4. You will paste it in the explorer
    This works excellent for preserving mesh that has been compromised. I think it'll work in your instance as well because when you updated, your sprites were affected somehow. I HATE updating Unity! I've learned to finish my projects before upgrading over the years; it's just a pain in the ass for the most part.