Search Unity

Some sprites are pixelated

Discussion in '2D' started by Erunesuto, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Erunesuto

Erunesuto

Hi :D

I have some trouble with my sprites. I have been looking for information about it but i have not solve yet :(

Some sprites in my project are pixelated and i dont know why.

foro1.PNG

Some edges of the cube are pixelated.

-The cube is a 256x256px png image with 300 pixels per inch
    -The platform is a 600x200px png image with 300 pixels per inch

Both sprites have the same import preferences

foro2.PNG

I have differents version of the cube with the same size (256x256px) and different pixels per inch(25, 50 and 72) but the cube still pixelated.

Any idea?

2. Olmi

Olmi

Your cube also has bilinear filtermode on? But if you say it's 300dpi, it shouldn't matter that much. I suspect this has more to do with the original image than Unity. Sometimes compression creates mild artifacts, so try without it too just to pinpoint the reason.

3. eaglethrust

eaglethrust

Hi, I had a similar problem but now I am using SVGs (Scalable Vector Graphics); what image type are you using?
    Try SVGs and see if that solves your problem, it did for me...

To use SVGs it took me HOURS upon HOUUUURS to figure out that you have to go to menu-bar:window/package manager; then on that window under the drop-down 'advanced' select 'show preview packages' and scroll through toward the bottom of the list to find 'vector graphics'... download and install this. Right now they are on version 30...

4. Erunesuto

Erunesuto

The cube has the filtermode bilinear. When you talk about compression are you refering to the sprites import settings in Unity? Change the compression mode from normal quality to none, right?

We are using photoshop so i guess the sprites are bit maps. My artist mates said me photoshop uses bit maps as default.

I downloaded what you said. Now i have to import SVGs as a "normal" sprite? I just have to save the image as a SVG instead a bit maps image in photoshop?