Search Unity

Some seasoned guidance kindly requested - I have cookies!

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by cerebral, Dec 22, 2014.

1. cerebral

cerebral

Ok I really don't have cookies, but I will paypal a box of oreos to someone that can let me pick at their brain a bit :)

I'm mulling over a project inspired by my interest in Google Cardboard and Virtual Reality in general. Recently I came across a walkthrough that plugs head tracking as a controlling method into Unity, and saving it into an executable .apk file that runs on Android.

I've dabbled in 3D for sometime, but really only with Bryce (from v4 - 7.1). So since I've already invested time and money into Daz Products, the materials lab, Sky creation and terrain editor I think I can make some creative magic happen with. But I've got lots of questions, do MatLabs settings carry over, how texturing works after exporting etc. Ill obviously find a lot of this out on my own through trial and error, but thought I'd come to the community that uses the application first and see if there is cohesive information before I begin to make my own. Ill be documenting the process and writing about it on my blog Cerebralhack about creating Virtual Worlds.

Im still in whiteboard mode so these are my 3 milestones Id like to see before I start the creative process

1 Export/Import Ground terrain
    2 Export/Import Textured cube/sphere etc
    3 Export/Import Sky for Skycube

Any comments and/or experience on workflow procedures/suggestions with Bryce or other Daz products etc I'm very much open to.

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far!