Search Unity

Some Screenies

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by drJones, Jan 10, 2007.

1. drJones

drJones

here's some screenshots of a small arena i've been working on. its not 100% done, i'm going to remove the verticle piping on the outer wall (it ruins the bump effect at sharp angles), change some colors etc.. the prism at the top of the column and the glass will be redone once i learn something about shaders ; )

crits comments welcome.

PS i DO NOT get 100 FPS as it says in the screenshot (the game was paused), generally around 25-35, though i still have alot of optimizing to do.

Attached Files:

2. garyhaus

garyhaus

These look GREAT!!! Any chance for a demo?

Cheers,

G

3. drJones

drJones

not quite yet, but soon : )
    i'll make post a vid tomorrow at least if i can figure out how to without quicktime.

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Very nice! I love the blue line detail on the main column and the blue lights running up the walls. Look forward to seeing more of this.

5. hsparra

hsparra

Agreed. I also like the display in the lower right corner and the metal on the gun (I assume that is what it is). One thing, in the top picture the beam running across the shot at the bottom has some straight white lines that bisect it. For some reason my eye picked them out right away and I focused on it.

6. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

WOW! This is one of the nicest unity scenes yet :)

Keep it up! Is this part of a master plan for a bigger project?

7. Marble

Marble

Neat. The mood looks kind of Deus Ex to me.

8. drJones

drJones

Thanks for the nice comments guys : )

if i understand what you're referring to (on the top of the beam), that's supposed to kinda look like wear on old metal. i didn't stick out to me, but then i've mostly been seeing it in motion so maybe i'll try a different overlay.

well there's 1000 things to do and i'm on number 12, but there is a master plan for an eventual commercial release. the story scope of the game are still being worked on but i'll give more info when it gets more finalized.

9. jeremyace

jeremyace

Great work man, I like the second pic the best. I wish I could do art like that!

Keep it up,
    -Jeremy

10. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Looks great. :) I should really improve my lightning script for you, though. (I assume it's what you're using) One can make use of stretched particles and cleverly setting the velocities of particles to make for a nicer more continuous looking effect.

-Jon

11. taumel

taumel

Beside of the weapon this looks very stylish, good! :O)

12. Cav

Cav

looking good, would like to have a run in it! i like the HUD style.

13. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Looks rather Star Wars...nice!

--Eric

14. StarManta

StarManta

15. drJones

drJones

i can make it look more solid a few different ways (like increasing size of the particles but then it makes the beam look too wide). its a cool script btw, i don't know c# or else i would probably try to edit it to move more in the center of the length than at one end, but there's a separate issue. the whole beam gets culled if the start point is off the screen and because its stretched so far it happens pretty easilly. i couldn't find a way around it so i was thinking of trying to use the mesh morpher instead if i can figure out how.

yeah, the gun was the first object i finished, and was really my learning tool for game modeling, texturing bump spec maps. i can't tell you how many times i rebuilt retextured it - i'm rather sick of it now. i'm going to get back to it sometime, but for now i'm just gonna leave it as is work on other weapons things.

that was a big inspiration for sure ; )

thanks guys.

16. taumel

taumel

Ohh i can imagine... :O)

Another thing: I would try to keep the glass platforms two sided otherwise it looks kind of wrong.

17. Garen

Garen

This looks amazing. Is that shattering glass from a bullet? Please post some more pics. I'm dying for more.

18. drJones

drJones

yep. i'll try to post something else over the weekend, either more shots or a vid. i just bought unity pro this morning so i've been sidetracked fooling around with the new toys when i've had the time.

the arena is real small, just a tube with some platforms so basically you're seeing alot of it in those shots. i used this to learn many things, so i wanted something not too large but with different aspects to it.

i'll be posting a player before too long as well.

19. terransage

terransage

It's hard to believe you've just been learning how to do this. It looks like you've been doing this for years. Pretty amazing. Has a real monumental, otherworldly fee to it! I like the great contrast between the dark metal and the blue lights/lightning.

20. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

The weekend's over... where's that video?

Heh, or just give us a webplayer so we can shatter some glass floors :wink:

21. drJones

drJones

its been so drawn out it almost feels that way : )
    i have two day jobs to deal with, so previously i'd been lucky to get in one day in a week on it. since december though i've taken wendsdays off from both jobs, and am trying to keep my weekends free, so from now on i'll have at least two solid days a week. hopefully as things move forward i'll be able to commit even more time.

sorry, i tried to put together a vid a few different ways but either it came out crappy (with my camera) or the file size was friggin huge (snapz pro), it was just wasting my time so i just gave up.

i've got some known issues i want to fix before i post a player. i already started on the second arena as well (taking a break from this one) but i'll get to fixing it when i can.

22. AaronC

AaronC

Im looking froward to testing this DJ-looks really good. If you want anything scriptwaise you saw in the oasis let me know
    AC

23. drJones

drJones

thanks targos. i'd offer the same but i wouldn't be surprised if my scripts are an example of how not to do things ; ) still learning...

24. Dakta

Dakta

Well, I'm going to bump this awesome thread. I think it needs it. Also, the other thread about the glass got bumped too (not me), soo.....

Really awesome, but where's the demo? It's been two years....

25. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

I played this... what's the objective? I made the tower fall, I shot my way down three floors, then I followed the tower down............... :)

26. Dakta

Dakta

Wait, you say you played THIS? Can you send me to the webplayer/build?

27. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

It's the "shoot some glass" thread, right? the build is downloadable as "otvTest02"

28. theinfomercial

theinfomercial