Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Some scenes just do not load

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by Nimu87, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Nimu87

Nimu87

Im using 2021.3.3f version of Unity.

In AAB build when I use SceneManagement.LoadScene() some scene just do not load, with everything freezes. No mistakes shown on debug. When I try to do the same in APK build, every scene loads like charm. Same in the Editor.

What I tried to do so far: I reinstalled ExternalDependencyManager package (Im building AAB with it, because build made by internal AAB compiler is not accepted by google somehow). Ive played with Split Application Binary setting in Publishing Settings, changed everything I saw could do in the Other settings panel.

This situation began after implementation of localization package. Not sure if it's related, but before that the AAB builds were fine. And I do not use use any addressables.

Spent three days straight reinstalling and updating everything I could reach, with non success. Help please.

2. Nimu87

Nimu87

All my scenes are built-in. On the given screenshot only StartScene, HangarScene, Intro and ExitScene are working as intended, switching between each other just fine. Trying to load any other scene causes app to freeze with only background music continues to play. Should say again, this only happening with AAB build, which I have uploaded to google internal testing and downloaded from market. Local APK installed to Bluestack and in Editior everything works fine.

3. Nimu87

Nimu87

I can also confirm that:
    SceneManager.LoadScene - app freezes, music playing, scene doesn't change;
    SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync - jitter at once, nothing happens.
    Application.LoadLevel - app freezes, music playing, scene doesn't change;

SceneManager.sceneCountInBuildSettings - says 16 (i.e. correct number);