Search Unity

Some questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adrianolah182, Feb 27, 2019.

1. adrianolah182

adrianolah182

Hello, i want to create a horror game, but i'm not familiar with this industry, i'm so newbie..otherwise, i create a project in Unity, and i starting to work.
    I use blender to create 3d models for game, but i don't know if i allowed to make my assets and put into the game.
    I know as exist Asset Store, but if i wanted to create from scratch all the assets and models, does it affect me when i release the game? i need a license for my own assets?
    Other question...all game have background music, and i wanted to create from scratch all the music..the same.. will affect me if i don't have license for my music?
    I want to hear you'r opinion, it is can possible to make it all with you'r work, or must to invest money?

2. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

You can make your own assets using blender and then import them into your Unity project.

3. adrianolah182

adrianolah182

I know, but i wanted to say, if i selling my game to giant platform (Steam e.g) they will telling me to prove the license for all items from game (Asset, music score etc)?

4. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

No, Steam does not do that.

adrianolah182 and Joe-Censored like this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Getting license to assets only applies to assets which you do not own the copyright (did not create). If you create the assets, you own the copyright by default, so there is no license needed.

Steam doesn't do that. The closest thing to that would be if someone else made a claim to Steam against your game, but then they would be the ones who would need to prove they own the copyright.

adrianolah182 likes this.
  6. adrianolah182

adrianolah182

Wow, that's great, thank you.