Search Unity

Some of the objects become invisible on iOS build

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Emilyanis, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Emilyanis

Emilyanis

Hello everyone!

Our team faced a problem and after almost a week we cannot solve it. Some of the objects become invisible on iOS build but they are visible in Editor. Water is not visible, distant tree LODs and outline. We tried a lot of things but not of them worked. After some research we figured out some things:

1) Shaders and materials works fine, they are showing up on another meshes/objects,
    2) Camera settings, lightning and occlusion not responsible,
    3) On the last tests we have some progress. For water we used scaled plane, 1000*1000. But when we tried water shader on 1*1 quad its worked. So we created a mesh for water, mesh dimensions is 1500*1500 but scale is 1*1*1 but not worked either.
    4) Distant tree LODs shows up on empty scene but not in actual game scene and we dont know why. Same thing happens with outline.

iOS.jpg pc.jpg

Thanks!

2. larswik

larswik

I just started a conversion of my Mac / Windows Game to ios today and I came across this as well. It is lower on my priority list at this point but was interested to see someone else having the issue too. One thing I noticed when my Mac builds going from my 27" monitor to my laptop os that things would also disappear. If I remember right (been a year or more) I had to adjust where they sat on the Z plane. I don;t know if that is any help but thought I would toss it out there.

3. larswik

larswik

So I started looking at my own missing graphics this evening. When I went to the Game tab I selected the Aspect ration pull down and selected the iPad wide 4:3 which is what I am dealing with. All of the sudden, all of my graphics except for the 2 that were still present on the screen when testing it on the ipad were gone. I looked at the z rect axis which they were all defaulted to 360 and pushed them in and out. As soon as I hit 400, they became visible again. This may solve your problem as it did mine. I don't know why this happens, but it is. My game is a 2D orthographic view. But it is worth trying. Good Luck