Search Unity

Question some object are glowing and i do not know why

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Vazili_KZ, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Vazili_KZ

Vazili_KZ

Hello everyone,

i'm having a little problem with my scene, after baking lightmap some of the objects in the scene started glowing, and wierdly enough not all instances of the same objects glow, only some.

do any of you guys have an idea on what may be causing this?

Thank you for your help.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Is the material emissive?
    If so, this will get baked. I think you can disable emissive baking. If not, you need to tune the emissive

3. Vazili_KZ

Vazili_KZ

Hello, thank you for your answer.
    i checked and the material has emission disabled, so it shouldn't be emissive.

On the other hand i don't know how to disable emissive baking, but also in that case if i want to actually have an emissive object in my scene it wouldn't be baked and that would be a problem.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Do you use any post processing or are there any lights in that area?
    (Also, I don't use the built in renderer anymore, so I'm not sure how much I can help)

5. Vazili_KZ

Vazili_KZ

Yes i do use some post processing effects, and no there are no lights not yet. Except from the direction light of the sky.

I'm using built in render pipeline because when switching to urp i had many problem with purple materials so i switched back

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

If you use standard Unity materials you can auto upgrade them to URP :p
    If you don't, maybe check if post processing causes this

7. Vazili_KZ

Vazili_KZ

Actually I'm using material that came with an asset, so i tried the auto upgrade on them but it didn't work perfectly.

I will try to disable post processing and see.

DevDunk likes this.
  8. Vazili_KZ

Vazili_KZ

I tried disabling post processing and rebaking the light, there is no glowwing but some parts of the mesh are bright white which is wierd, and it's different from one instance of the object to another.

9. Ognlioth

Ognlioth

Hello,

Have you found a solution to this problem ? I'm currently having the same one :(

10. c0d3_m0nk3y

c0d3_m0nk3y

Maybe incorrect lightmap u/v coordinates? You can check them by setting the shading mode to Baked Lightmap and ticking Show Lightmap Resolution. There should be a regular grid with about the same grid size on all objects. If the problematic object has no grid on it or the grid is too big, you will need to fix the u/v coordinates in a DCC tool (Maya, Blender, ...).
    upload_2023-8-5_10-21-16.png

Could be also u/v overlap of the lightmap u/v coordinates. Unity will print a warning in that case. Something along the lines of "there are XX objects with overlapping/non-unique u/v coordinates" when you're baking lighting.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023