Search Unity

Some more missing nodes

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Cell-i-Zenit, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

Hi,

will there be in the future a variable node?

Also i would like to store more "custom" data... currently i can kinda store 4 values via targetPosition and custom attribute, but this is ugly. I would just like to have multiple custom attributes, and not only floats, but vector 3 etc too.

2. texone

texone

This is already available, you have to create a set custom attribute block that you can set u in the inspector once you have selected it. You can have all kind of types from float to vector4 bool int and uint. Use the get custom attribute node to access those values. Make sure they have the same setup in the inspector.

3. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

Can you give me a step by step guide? The Set Custom Block inside the initialize block is only a float and i dont know how i can change it to vector4 for example

4. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

Anyone can help me here? This would be a real help

5. cAyouMontreal

cAyouMontreal

It's all about bad UX. When you click on the Set Custom Attribute, check the inspector, you will be able to set the name and the type. Same with the Get Custom attribute.

6. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi @Cell-i-Zenit ,

As @cAyouMontreal pointed out, the VFX Graph uses the inspector for many different settings. Here is how to modify custom attributes:

Attached Files:

7. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

Yes it works but i would have never seen this lol