Search Unity

Some help on my ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Dionysos1111, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Dionysos1111

Dionysos1111

Ok so i made a game that all of a sudden get alot of downloads for the past 2 months.

Right now i get between around 1500 - 2000 downloads a day all organic from the play store.

I only use interstitial ads with the mediation network from appodeal and i get around 10.000 - 15.000 impressions a day.

My income is around $20 a day and ecpm between $2 - $3.

I don't know if this is good or bad or just normal, should i go and ad rewarded ads or Non Skippable ads?
    Would this make alot of a difference in income or ecpm?

Really appreciate any feedback.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Integration design matters a lot - and also where your players are from, since advertiser bids vary based on countries.

A good rewarded ad -integration design might indeed help boost the performance - willing players are more likely to interact with ads and that on the other hand helps with everything from ad targeting to retention. Offer something valuable in exchange, don't do it too often and preferably after - rather than before the play session.

One common method: after a game session - every now and then offer them a chance to watch an ad to boost their previous reward. This ensures that the players who do watch those ads are willing and probably also still vested with their previous session and high score / reward and in a less hurry to get rid of the ad and back to the game.

3. Dionysos1111

Dionysos1111

Yes i forgot about the countries which is important, my top 4 countries are:
    1. brazil
    2. united states
    3. germany
    4. russia

which makes about 45% of the total impressions views.

So best is that i keep the interstitials between levels and add a reward for the rewarded ads?
    Still i think the money i earn on the interstitial ads is kinda low for the impressions i generate or is this normal?

4. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

If the interstitials don't seem to be performing - it might be wise to consider dropping those altogether / AB-testing that, so that they don't cannibalise the performance of the rewarded ads -design - and focus only on delivering a nice user experience with opt-in rewarded ads. Maybe show interstitials to those who don't watch any rewarded ads ever?