Search Unity

...some further modo302 preview videos

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by taumel, Jan 25, 2008.

1. taumel

taumel

-> http://www.luxology.com/training/

Reminds me that it would be nice if you could easily target objects in the IDE, so that one object looks at another one by drag&drop.

2. taumel

taumel

3. taumel

taumel

4. Jessy

Jessy

Awesome! Thanks for the news. We just bought modo a few days ago.

5. taumel

taumel

Congrats, i hope you enjoy it! :O)

I still think that the best tool somehow is 3dsmax but beside of it Modo is really great, crossplatform, super licence!, affordable and they move forward extremely quickly. By the way if you use it with Unity you may want to use wavefront's obj file format as it exports less junk than fbx and don't forget to download and try out the video tutorials and imagsynth, if you haven't already.

6. Jessy

Jessy

I've never actually touched Max, but unless they remove the Windows exclusivity, I hope that I never will. I really don't like Windows. I know there are things that are presently lacking in modo vs. Max, but I can't see it taking very long for this discrepancy to disappear, given Luxology's track record for feature integration.

The video tutorials for modo are awesome, though, and I love that the manual is littered with them. As for imagesynth, I have watched some of the videos, and it looks amazing. I saw on these boards that it was included in the price of a recent 3dWorld magazine, but I don't know how I can get that, in the US. I'd probably pay full price for the software, but I haven't needed it yet.

7. taumel

taumel

There is nothing wrong with windows. It's an OS like OSX, just a little bit nicer and with less software available... ;O)

8. Jessy

Jessy

Oh, I didn't say there is anything wrong with Windows. Calling something "wrong", when not referring to factual information, is a kind of value judgement I don't think that people should be making. That being said, I find Windows completely disgusting and hate it. :D

But I really LOVE modo and OS X (and Unity!), so I'll use them!

9. taumel

taumel

Well, irony...