Search Unity

Some feature requests that would make my life easier

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by jbooth, Mar 30, 2021.

1. jbooth

jbooth

I have a lot of Unity projects. I'm currently working on 3 different assets which all run on URP/HDRP/Standard in 2019 and 2020 - this means for each one, I have the asset in a package, and then have 5 or 6 projects which reference that package. That puts me at 18 projects.

Then I have contracting projects, bug projects, etc. Easily 50+ projects on my machine.

The HUB makes this a lot easier, but there are still a few things that could be added to it to make my life a lot easier.

1. Hot search.
    Want to find the MicroSplat 2019 LTS project? Scroll, scroll, scroll. Wait, try again. For some reason the HUB seems to remove certain projects from the list and keep others around, like that bug report repro from a year ago, instead. Certainly that seems wrong, but being able to hot search.

2. Nicknames
    Due to the way projects are often setup, they end up with names like "Client" or "Unity" instead of proper project names. This is often out of my control. Being able to nickname a project "ProjectForClientX_2020_LTS" would be incredibly useful.

3. Favorites
    I open the same 3-4 projects 10 times as much as the rest, and the current list makes that difficult.

4. Scan and Remove dead projects/unity versions
    Once and a while I need to clear off 30 versions of Unity that were for specific bug test cases. Or I delete a bunch of old projects, bug repro's, etc. Being able to hit a button and have this cruft removed would be great.

5. Ability to download any unity version with this interface.
    When looking into issues, they often require specific Unity versions. Having to go to a different interface for this is a minor annoyance, given that everything is right here for the current versions.

FM-Productions and SugoiDev like this.