Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Somber - Feedback the teaser please! :)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by idavida, Jul 3, 2017.

1. idavida

idavida

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    theANMATOR2b and Thomas90 like this.
  2. idavida

idavida

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

Hi idavida,

the style and the graphics look good, very polished!

Personally I think the trailers show too much landscape and nearly no action. Try to record your best game play moments. The trailer should also answer the following questions:
    "What is the goal of the game?"
    "What makes this game different from any other 2D side scroller?"

idavida likes this.
  4. idavida

idavida

Awesome thanks!
    Yes, this is indeed a teaser for the environment! Gameplay teaser is coming but the game is in pretty early development and has some things to polish before we put it out there!

theANMATOR2b and hippocoder like this.
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I disagree @SoxwareInteractive,

The correct marketing is identifying first what kind of trailer it is. Typically, games will need 3 kinds of videos over the lifetime of the marketing effort.

There are 3 main kinds:

teaser
    introduction movie
    gameplay

This is clearly a teaser which can contain little snapshots of either intro or gameplay, and it serves the purpose perfectly. Nice job.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. SoxwareInteractive

SoxwareInteractive

@idavida and @hippocoder:
    Ok I understand the intend. But if you don't have much action to show, I would at least reduce the length a bit. Typically people stop watching after 30 seconds (that's what you usually read in marketing related articles). And for a teaser I think 30 seconds would be just fine. But of course, that's just my personal opinion.

And yes, the overall work is indeed great. I like the graphics and transitions. The scene with the monster in the background is also neat.

7. idavida

idavida

Exactly this. When we showed it to close circles they probably want more action right away, when we now have 3 scenes that just shows off slow graphics. However we thought it set the tone as the game is lonely and mysterious but still quick and with quirky gameplay.

Gameplay teaser will definitely be more action, and we get to that in 2-3 months. Small teams have limits, but it's hella fun!

8. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Agree with da hippo.
    Nice presentation @idavida

I follow some threads because I'm interested in the development process. I follow others because I'm interested in the game - like this one. ;)