Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Solving several problems in my VR project

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Axel0689, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Axel0689

Axel0689

Good evening everyone. I am designing a VR simulation with my Quest2 (for my thesis).
    I am asking for advice on several points that I would like to solve:

1) I have created a Menu UI, which I enable with the Menu key on the controller. And to interact with it I use the X and A keys on the controllers. Now I've noticed that Teleport Ray (active on both hands) shows up on my UI, which I don't want. I also disabled the option in the Inspector "Enable Interaction with UI ..."

2) I have set in this menu so far two options, one to change the rotation type from Continuous to Snap. And it works. While the other one I would like to set is the enabling and disabling of Teleport (with left hand, right hand and both). I don't know how to link that functionality to the menu (definitely via scripts but if anyone can help me it's better).

3) I set up my Hands and noticed that if I enter Custom Models with colliders, when I pick up an object, it shakes wildly, in my opinion due to the collider object-colliders hand contact. In your opinion what is the best option so that I can grab an object without it "triggering" let's say.

Image -> https://ibb.co/4s3q8mq

I look forward to your help and suggestions. Thank you.