Search Unity

[SOLVES]Exception: JNI: Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr!

Discussion in 'Android' started by Dzxyan, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

I'm try to write this on example.cs script

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start()
    2. AndroidJavaClass activityClass = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer");
    3. }
    it's always return the error "Exception: JNI: Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr!";
    I'm sure my platform have switch to android and i'm try to build in apk and run also get same error,
    im using unity3d 5.1.1
    any help for that?

2. liortal

liortal

Are you running this code in the editor? you cannot use the AndroidJavaClass or AndroidJavaObject classes while in the editor. These classes rely on actually running on an Android device with a JVM.

chrismarch likes this.
  3. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

im try in editor and android also
    both got same error

4. liortal

liortal

Are you sure tge error is thrown by the code you attached?

Also, could you share the APK so i could peek inside ? (In private).

I would like to see if it contains the UnityPlayer class.

5. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

6. liortal

liortal

Which line fails exactly in your code?

7. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

Code (CSharp):
    1. AndroidJavaClass activityClass = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer");
    maybe can say that all define as AndroidJavaClass will fails

8. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

Problem solves,
    my plugin class read wrong class

KeOt777 and liortal like this.
  9. KeOt777

KeOt777

What exactly was the problem? How did you fix your code? I'm having the same problem you are but since you didn't publish the code correction I have no idea what you did to fix this, care to share?

Thanks!

10. liortal

liortal

@KeOt777 what is the code you're using? can you share it ?

11. rashedn

rashedn

Exception: JNI: Init'd AndroidJavaClass with null ptr!
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (IntPtr jclass) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:556)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.get_JavaLangClass () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:534)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.FindClass (System.String name) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:525)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass._AndroidJavaClass (System.String className) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/AndroidJavaImpl.cs:545)
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaClass..ctor (System.String className) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/AndroidJavaBindings.gen.cs:94)
    AudienceNetwork.InterstitialAdBridgeAndroid.Create (System.String placementId, AudienceNetwork.InterstitialAd interstitialAd) (at Assets/AudienceNetwork/Library/InterstitialAd.cs:375)
    AudienceNetwork.InterstitialAd..ctor (System.String placementId) (at Assets/AudienceNetwork/Library/InterstitialAd.cs:103)
    InterstitialAdTest.LoadInterstitial () (at Assets/AudienceNetwork/Samples/InterstitialAdTest.cs:25)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:153)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:634)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:769)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:53)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:35)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:44)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:52)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:269)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

im facing this error message when im trying to add and ads for my game and i really cant understand where is the problem

12. liortal

liortal

Are you getting this while playing in the editor? you cannot instantiate any AndroidJavaObject or AndroidJavaClass objects in the editor, since they rely on running inside the Java VM (on an actual Android device).

mekartikshah likes this.
  13. TravelLIN

TravelLIN

This helps run your build in editor but you will lose some functionality which can be tested only on device.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_ANDROID && !UNITY_EDITOR
    2.     void Start()
    3.     {
    4.         AndroidJavaClass activityClass = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer");
    5.     }
    6. #endif

14. raj244u

raj244u

i am also getting this error.Please help me out.

_plugin = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity");
    _activityObject = _plugin.GetStatic<AndroidJavaObject>("currentActivity");
    Debug.Log(_activityObject);
    _activityObject.Call("StartPlugin");

15. Muhammad_Taha

Muhammad_Taha

AndroidJavaClass unityPlayer = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer");

I got error on this line in Unity Editor. As explained earlier. I ignore it in Editor and now ads not showing on device. I got same error for Audience Network and Applovin Initialization. So, I need a proper way to solve this. Anybody knows?

Regards.

16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

JNI access is allowed only when running on device.
    Just add UNITY_ANDROID macro to avoid the code running when on editor.

17. MontanaAnton

MontanaAnton

Enable Android JNI in "Package Manager" helped me

Screenshot_78.png