Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] YAML Error Parsing File

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by davedevN, Jan 2, 2018.

1. davedevN

davedevN

We cannot merge our main scene file in Collab because we get an error dialog saying "Error parsing file", long file path, "\Main.unity", "found unexpected end of stream" Any ideas how to fix this?

2. AshwinTheGammer

AshwinTheGammer

Dude it`s simple just search your scene and right click on your scene and click on open and its done.

3. davedevN

davedevN

Thanks for the response. Search my scene in a differencing tool? Search for what? Right click my scene where? In Windows Explorer? The Unity Project tab?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hey @davedevN! Do you see any merge conflicts in your Collab Toolbar? Is there a conflict on your Main.unity scene?

5. davedevN

davedevN

Yes. There are conflicts in the Main.unity scene and we can see the conflicts when we view them in Beyond Compare.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Have you tried resolving the merge conflict, either by using Beyond Compare to pick which changes you want to keep or just using Choose Theirs or Choose Mine in the Collab Toolbar? That should resolve the error.

TankThunderbird likes this.
  7. davedevN

davedevN

Choose Mine does seem to work. I haven't tried using Beyond Compare to merge because I was concerned that with a very large scene file and on obvious error to begin with that there might be other issues. Be nice to not get the error, but I can try doing a merge in BC next time.

Ryan-Unity likes this.