Search Unity

[Solved] Wrong distortion using Cardboard and Vuforia

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Red_Dragon69, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Red_Dragon69

Red_Dragon69

Hy,
    I use Cardboard and Vuforia in the same project for Android and iOS, but the distortion is not working the right way. When working with Android, the order of importing the different packages AND the correct adaption of the AndroidManifest.xml brought a very good solution.

But now I'm trying to achive the same result with iOS and the distortion for Cardboard is not working, although the Cardboard demo scene works well. The distortion looks like there is no distortion correction at all and the seperation bar, as well as the settings button are not displayed. The attached screenshot shows how it looks on a iPhone5s. Is there some kind of manifest for iOS where I can check the imported/needed stuff? Or has anybody experienced similar problems and knows a solution???

Best regards

Attached Files:

2. Red_Dragon69

Red_Dragon69

If anybody run's into this, it's very likely that the pairing of GoogleVR and the Cardboard viewer is not correct. Just download the cardboard app, pair your viewer with the QR code and the distortion should be correct.

Best regards :)