Search Unity

[SOLVED] WP8.1 Problem building for Emulator/x86

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Indie Viking, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Indie Viking

Indie Viking

When I build for phone Emulator/x86 from Visual Studio I get this error: Cannot find assembly "C:\Users\NoName\Documents\Unity Projects\Builds\EmulatorTest\Players\WindowsPhone81\x86\Release\UnityEngineDelegates.dll", which may contain managed resources that need to be included in this app package. Please ensure that this assembly exists.

I am building a new empty unity project for WSA Phone 8.1, I have a reference to UnityEngineDelegates.winmd in references, building for device/arm is working, and I'm using Unity 5.1.0f3.

Any tips on how I can fix this error?

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Build Debug configuration. There's little point in building Release version for Emulator.

3. Indie Viking

Indie Viking

I'm getting the same error when using the Debug configuration.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Which Unity version are you on?

5. Indie Viking

Indie Viking

Unity 5.1.0f3

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I just downloaded Unity 5.1.0f3 and it seems there's a bug in our build process - it places this file into a wrong directory. We will fix it in the future patch release, but you can workaround it:

Copy all folders in "Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\metrosupport\Players\WindowsPhone81\Win32" to "Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\metrosupport\Players\WindowsPhone81\x86".

If it doesn't work, let me know, but I'm fairly certain that it will fix it.

7. Indie Viking

Indie Viking

It works. Thank you.

8. goneale

goneale

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

We've fixed it internally, and it will be included in one of the future releases. I'm not sure about the timeline though - it might be 5.2. We regarded it with fairly low priority because there is a clear workaround and windows phone emulator is used very rarely. Are you blocked by it?

10. chandu125

chandu125

Hi,
    I am using Unity 4.6.6 and i am trying to make a WAC test for windows Phone8.1 every time i am getting this error so, please help me out.

Error.PNG

11. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

What hes this to do with emulator? Please, don't post unrelated questions to existing threads.
    As for your issue, make sure you use the latest version of WACK.

12. chandu125

chandu125

Sorry for this and thanks Aurimas.....

13. zag11

zag11

i am using unity 5.1.1f1 and vs community 15, i tried your solution but it does not work anymore. What can i do? i am also getting the same error mentioned in the title of this thread.

14. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The issue has been fixed in Unity 5.2. If you update your Unity version, the problem will go away :).