Search Unity

SOLVED: Windows Player build re-draw screen issues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dmutt, Oct 29, 2014.

1. dmutt

dmutt

I have completed a game that works as a built "Standalone" on 2 Windows PCs and a Mac...and now I am trying to port as a "Windows 8.1 App". The player gets built with no problems. When I run the solution in Visual Studio...all of the input, and events work as expected. The issue I am running into is a graphics re-draw problem.

Certain scenes in the game work perfectly... the other scenes, when Application.LoadLevel is called... the previous level is visible, but inactive. The newly "loaded" level is drawn on top of the previous level without the background camera drawing, and any animation (tween) event results in a tracer effect until the scene is abandoned. It's like the screen isn't drawing every frame, like the color buffer of the cameras aren't being cleared.

These are the tools I am using:

-I am using Unity 4.3.4 free version (because I installed 4.5, and it ruined my game... it made touch/mouse input randomly execute on "dead space" not coded for input...LOL)

-Using VS Express 2013 with update 3

-Yes I am running Windows 8.1 on this PC

2. dmutt

dmutt

Before.png ButtonHit.png AnimationGlicth.png The first pic shows the title screen as "normal" (and no weird effects happen here except the fonts don't express in the player as the default "arial" in Unity...haha)... the second pic shows what happens when tutorial button is hit (the tutorial level is drawn without it's background over the title screen, with the title screen inactive but the tutorial screen is active for input)... the 3rd pic shows the tracer effect from when the camera is tweened to a new position by hitting the "next" button.

The game works perfect in editor and in "Standalone" builds....

3. dmutt

dmutt

It's like Visual Studio is missing calls to re-draw, or re-paint for each frame.... but I don't know if it is Unity messing up the player, or if it is something Visual Studio isn't catching. If anyone has a clue let me know.

4. dmutt

dmutt

Trying workarounds... like actually calling the camera clear flags thru code manually... so far that doesn't work. Might re-install Unity and see if that works. Already re-installed VS Express... My game is NOT that complicated script-wise... so I'm not sure what the deal is... also may have to test on a different machine.. a "weaker" machine than what I am using is all I have...

Anyway...thanks for all of the "help and support"...LOL

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

did you try attaching the graphics debugger in Visual Studio? It should show you exactly what goes wrong.

dmutt likes this.
  6. dmutt

dmutt

I will try that when I get back to it tonight...thanks!

7. dmutt

dmutt

Got it... it was a "clipping planes" thing. Has to adjust it for "Windows Store" I guess... still have the FONT not expressing correctly problem, but I think I know what to do. Thanks for the "help"......