Search Unity

[Solved] Why are IAP presented as part of Analytics?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Devil_Inside, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I'm very excited about this news. I was really hoping that at some point Unity would think about adding IAP support for the main platforms, and it finally happened! But I mean... isn't it a separate service on the same level with Ads and Analytics? What does it have to do with analytics?

2. mr_zog

mr_zog

What i've read is iap verification. That is quite important for robust analytics.

Anybody seen the supported stores?

3. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @Devil_Inside,

We are very excited as well!

If you had a chance to check out the Unite keynote, you can see that IAP will be a separate service. However, it will be closely aligned with analytics as tracking and understanding monetization is just as important as enabling it. Our goal is to provide as much insight into a developer's game as possible and we felt this is not just limited to the actions players take while playing. Analytics already provides a way to track in app purchases, verified and unverified, and we found while we were initially working on implementing this feature that this is an area that could be greatly expanded upon to the ease of our users.

lior_rosenspitz likes this.
  4. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply!!!
    At some point I was worried that it won't be a fully fledged service, but my assumptions were unfounded.
    I'm really liking the direction Unity is taking with all these initiatives!
    Thanks for all the hard work!!!

lior_rosenspitz, sschan and mpinol like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.