Search Unity

[SOLVED] Where is Unity Asset Store Publisher ID?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Almakos, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Almakos

Almakos

Hey guys,
    I hope this is correct place to ask.

First of all I can't find my publisher ID anymore.
    It is supposed to be at the end of my publisher URL but there is no such thing. I guess publisher administration page is undergoing some changes?

Second question is how do you access publisher page through new Asset Store page?
    I don't see publisher login option there at all.

Thank you

2. Jaimi

Jaimi

it's not the one on the administration page, but on your public publisher page. Go to one of your assets, and click on your publisher name, to be taken to your overview. It's on the end of that URL.

spragucm, rukzachini and Almakos like this.
  3. Almakos

Almakos

Oh, OK.
    Thank you Jaimi,
    I guess I misunderstood the instructions.
    " Please put your Asset Store Publisher ID here. This can be found at the end of the URL of your publisher page on the Asset Store. "
    I have mistakenly thought it should be my publisher admin page.

Any idea about where is publisher login on the New Asset store?

Thank you

4. Jaimi

Jaimi

Yeah - it's all the way down at the bottom. Personally, I prefer the old asset store. :)

theANMATOR2b and Almakos like this.
  5. Almakos

Almakos

Aha, that's where it is.
    Thank you!

I've checked everywhere in the top menus but somehow missed it at the bottom.
    you have been the most helpful!

Thank you again Jaimi =)

6. Jaimi

Jaimi

You're welcome! I had trouble with these two items myself! haha

7. Alverik

Alverik

This kinda sucks. I've just created my publisher page and am still thinking which of the tools or models, etc, I've made I'll be uploading (I have to tweak folder structures, make images and other stuff for whatever I choose). The fact that I have to upload anything and wait for approval before I can see the id to fill the tax survey is kind of annoying. If there are issues or delays I may not have stuff approved until too late for this month... sigh...

8. Jaimi

Jaimi

Did you not get an email with your ID? When they send you the email to fill out your Tax ID information, it should contain a line with your publisher ID.

9. Alverik

Alverik

Really? I did not see that, will check again, thanks.

Edit: I can't find any email about it... Wonder if I deleted it by mistake or just didn't get it? Now that I think about it I immediately followed the link that appears at the top of in my publisher administration page. I wonder if there't a way to request the email again...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  10. paindonger

paindonger

Just start to create a new package and then click on "Preview in Asset Store", then click on your publisher name you will see your ID :)

cjjeffery likes this.
  11. anu_121

anu_121

I dont seem to find my publisher id anywhere...... Please help as i need to do the tax thing

12. anasainea

anasainea

I think if you click on "Shop on old store" and then click on your icon and click "My public profile" then the ID will appear at the end of the URL

13. lightbug14

lightbug14

I'm having the same problem, where is my ID Number? this is super annoying. The tax interview ask me for the ID number, this number should appear right in my face on font: 100 in my publisher login welcome page... is this so hard to implement? am I asking the impossible? ... Instead, everyone have to do these tricks and workarounds to get the ID, that, by the way i'm still not able to find anywhere (at least the way you suggest)

In one of the mails of my packages submissions (that luckily i've not deleted) there is an ID number :
    Package Name: PACKAGE_XXXXX
    Package ID: XXXXXX
    Package Version ID: XXXXXX
    Unity Version: 2017.1.5f1
    Publisher Name: Lightbug
    Publisher ID: ZZZZZ
    <-------

If this is the correct Publisher ID (that probably is), all the effort made by the Unity team in making this clear for the publisher is lame.

I really hope this changes.

14. Mauri

Mauri

Your 'Publisher ID' is the number at the end of your public publisher profile URL.

Simply go to "Packages" on the backend and click on the gray arrow icon next to one of your published Assets to open the Asset's store page. Above the Asset name should be your 'Publisher Name'. Click on it and you'll see your profile + the important URL in the address bar.

The URL should look something like this: https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/XXXXX
    (XXXXX is your Publisher ID number)

I, too, agree that this information should be easier to see.

AlanMattano and lightbug14 like this.
  15. lightbug14

lightbug14

Thank you very much!